HectorG

Actual IP address of a WAP54G v2

Hi!

I resetted the access point because I forgot the IP address I had assigned, but I can't reach it via 192.168.1.245. The access point name shows as Linksys again, but it seems the IP address was not resetted.

Is there any way of finding out what the actual IP address is?

Thank you!

HectorG
twoclones

Re: Actual IP address of a WAP54G v2

I am having the same problem with the WAP54G v3 model.  If I run setup.exe from the CD I can see that the default IP is 192.168.1.245 but cannot access it using that IP from either IE-7 or FireFox 1.5 

This is not the first WAP54G v3 I've setup up but is proving to be the most difficult.

Butch
HectorG

Furthermore, when I run the Wizard, it does not find the access point, even though I am accessing the networtk and the Internet with it. It works, but I can't configure it because I can't connect with the default IP address.

HéctorG.
twoclones

Hector,

Here is what worked for me...  To access my AP via web browser I assigned a static IP, within the range of the AP, for my machine then connfigured the AP, then changed my machine back to dynamic IP.  I did all this using my  wireless card to access the AP.

This way...
Reset the AP just for good measure.
Control Panel / Networks / right click the wireless connection and select Properties.  In the new Wireless Connection window select Internet Protocol [TCP/IP] and click the Properties button.  Select Use the Following IP Addres and enter
IP 192.168.1.50
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Then click OK, OK and restart [disconnect, connnect again] your wireless connection. After the wireless connects again, open the browser and go to 192.168.1.245
a login screen should appear.  Leave the user blank and use admin for the password.

After you have setup  your AP and upgraded the firmware, go back to the TCP/IP properties and change it's properties to Obtain an IP address automatically.  Restart your wireless connnection and you should be online..

Good luck,
 Butch
HectorG

Thanks Butch, it worked!!

Have a great end of year!

HectorG.