Can WRT160N act as access point?

I replaced a wired dsl router with a wireless router. Unfortunately, I have a huge blind spot due to a metal-walled walk-in cooler. Can I hook up my WRT160N to my wired Lynksys router with a cable length of about 40-50 feet and then use the WRT160N as an access point? Thanks.

Re: Can WRT160N act as access point?

Yes you can do that, you could connect the wired router's ethernet port to the internet port of the wireless router & then change the lan ip of the wireless router to 192.168.1.2 & do a complete network power cycle & you will be able to go Online using the WRT160N as an access point.

I'm missing something here or I didn't explain myself clearly. If I do as you suggest, what is the connection to the DSL modem? Thanks for your reply, Ricewind.

Well if you want to use the wired as well as the wireless router, the WRT160N router being used as an access point then you need to connec the modem to the internet port of the wired linksys router & from the lan port on the wired router you need to connec to the internet or the ethernet port of the wireless router as per wish & convenience & then accordingly configure the router & you will be able to go online wirelessly using the WRT160N as an access point.

Thank you.