Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DPTampa

E3000 Configured As Access Point?

I have 3 E3000 Routers and would appreciate quality input regarding using 1 of the E3000 Routers connected to my Broadband Modem (Roadrunner) and would like to know how to configure the remaining 2 E3000 Routers to be hardwired to my main Router as Access Points located approximate segmented 1/3rd areas throughout my house which really is only 1800 Sq.Ft. in area. I would appreciate all input on how to be configure these routers as access points as well as configuring the main router that will be connected to my broadband router. This is my first network to utilize streaming video, Internet Television Programs, Internet Radio, Accessing the Internet in all rooms of my house and outside the immediate adjacent patio area. Thank you in advance for any input and assistance you may offer a newbie who respects the knowledge and experience of technical resources more senior and familiar with the intricate details and techniques in establishing a quality secure wireless network in their home. 

Thank You
-DP-
great_white

Re: E3000 Configured As Access Point?

You can run the Cisco connect software ( CD ) to configure your main router.

The default IP address of the main E3000 router will be 192.168.1.1.

Now connect one computer to Ethernet port on second E3000 router. Open the setup page of seconds E3000 router. Change the Local IP address to 192.168.1.2 and disable the DHCP server. Save the settings.

Now connect the Ethernet cable from main E3000 to Ethernet port on Second E3000 router.

This way seconds E3000 router will be configured as access point.

Now connect one computer to Ethernet port on third E3000 router. Open the setup page of third E3000 router. Change the Local IP address to 192.168.1.3 and disable the DHCP server. Save the settings.

Now connect the Ethernet cable from main E3000 to Ethernet port on third E3000 router.

This way third E3000 router will be configured as access point.