cza
cza

Help access the control panel

Hey there,

I a Linksys Wireless Access Point (WAP54G ver 3) and I am having trouble accessing it.

By this I mean that I can not log into the web based control panel and cant even ping the access point.

The set up I have is a Billion ADSL Router connected to the internet and then the Access Point pluged into this. I had a laptop with a Linksys Card pluged into it running fine but then went to try and set up my new laptop and iMac then ran into trouble.

I tryed using the button on the front to set up the new computers but that did not work. The access point is running becuase all computers are seeing the signal I just cant connect to the access point.

Any ideas? I was thinking I might try to update the firmware but seeing is how I cant even log into the access point might not even be able to do it.

Thanks for any help.
neighbour_devil

Re: Help access the control panel

hardwire the AP to any PC...assign a static IP to the PC and then try to access the AP setup page.
cza
cza

How do I go about this? it is becoming quite a serious problem now which needs to be resolved.
neighbour_devil

first go to your control panel and then to network connections. Right click on the LAN (hardwired) and select properties , then highlight "internet protol tcp/ip" and hit properties . Here Change the option to "use the following IP address " , You can assign the static IP here. Once you do this , Hardwire the Ap to your PC via ethernet . then go to the command prompt and check if your are able to ping the IP fo the WAP (default 1982.168.1.245 ) once you get replies...then  try to open the page using http://192.168.1.245
cza
cza

I have tryed assigning the 192.168.1.1 as the gateway on the computers but still cant ping the AP. 192.168.1.254 is the IP that my router uses. Still having no luck with pinging the AP after numerous restarts and playing around

the IP of the access point is 192.168.1.245 and not 192.168.1.254.
Have you reset the Access point after hardwiring it to the PC ? try that.
also if you have a "cross over" cable....try and use that.