bumpslip
Accepted Solution

IP address does not show Linsys WAP54 but Netgear.

Trying to setup secure net but when I type in the router IP Address, it shows Netgear,  Type in printer IP address and it shows Linksys. How can I access my Linksys to make changes?  Any ideas?  I believe the Netgear shown is Comcast modem...

Expert
Expert

Re: IP address does not show Linsys WAP54 but Netgear.

Do you use a wired or wireless connection for configuration? Always use a wired connection!

What is the exact model of the "Comcast modem"?
What is the model shown on the web interface when you open the "router IP address"?

Your netgear seems to be your router thus if you open the default gateway address of your computer ("router IP address") you'll see the netgear. If that's not yours maybe you are connected to your neighbor's network?

What is the IP address of the Netgear?
What is that "router IP address" you try?
What is the "printer IP address"?

If the latter goes to the Linksys than that's the IP address you access it and that's the IP address where you make changes.

How is the WAP configured? Static IP or DHCP?

How is that printer configured? Static IP or DHCP?
bumpslip

Thank you for replying.  Router IP address: 192.168.0.1 comes up as Netgear.  The comcast modem is an RCA DCM 425. Modem IP: 65.1.154.184.. Printer IP:192.168.0.7 shows connected to Linksys.  It's a wireless printer, wireless router.  I think when the Comcast guy loaded his software on my PC he did something that  these clowns are always noted for and that's screwing things up.

Expert
Expert

Do you use a wired connection?

The RCA DCM 425 is not a router. So what model and brand is your router? What device is wired to the RCA?
Tabish Nawaz

[ Edited ]

Please open command prompt and type ipconfig in it.

Look for Default Gateway! suppose if its 192.168.x.x

Then use the following address ( 192.168.x.x) to access the router page..

bumpslip

I did not say the RCA is a router.  I said it's a MODEM. The router is a LINKSYS WAP54g.v2. The modem goes to a hub. From the hub to the PC, and router.

Expert
Expert

As I wrote before: the WAP54G is not a router. It's an access point. You must have a router somewhere. That seems to be a Netgear. Do you have a Netgear router?
Tabish Nawaz

What is the ip address of the machine using which you are trying to access your Wireless ACcess Point?

bumpslip

bumpslip

I figured it out.  Thank you all for your help.