Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SirPaul

Linksys Configuration Page

My question is regarding gaining access to my Linksys wireless router configuration page. I recently turned my Linksys WRT54GL wireless router into an access point and since I have done so I am no longer able to access the configuration page for my router. The problem that I am encountering is not one of connectivity, but rather entry. Prior to turning my wireless router into an access point I was able to connect to the router by means of my browser (192.168.1.1). I am still able to connect to the router, but whenever I type in a user name and password the router just simply does not recognize the information. I have tried reseting the router multiple times, but I am still denied access to my router despite having the correct user name and password. I have version 1.1 of the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router and have the latest firmware.

Re: Linksys Configuration Page

hi!

is yOu computer wired? or wireless?

FredZ

If you have reset your router the default IP is 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0
The default password is "admin" with the user being left blank.

It is best to connect directly to your router via ethernet (not on a LAN) as this prevents any confllicts if there is another device on the LAN wioth the same IP.

Set your PC/Laptop local connection to 192.168.1.200/255.255.255.0

From your web browser point to 192.168.1.1 and login with the credentials above.

Regards

Fred
SirPaul

Fred, I've already done what you have suggested and the problem still continues. The answer to azumi's question is one of a wired connection.
FredZ

I don't wish to question your ability, but it sounds like your router hasn't been reset properly.  If you are just pressing the button then releasing it then it is not reset, the reset button needs to be held down for >10 seconds whilst turned on.  You should notice a light on the front panel go out when it has reset, then let the button go.

If you have already done that, and you still cannot access your router as I have described above, then your router can hold down a lot of paper.

If your router is out of warranty you may like to try de-bricking it, there are plenty of articals in the net about that.

Regards

Fred
SirPaul

I suppose it could be my firmware version acting up. Is there any way that I could get an earlier version of my firmware (Currently using 4.30.9 and would need 4.30.7)? A web link would be greatly appreciated.
elegarre

I have a Cisco Linksys and I need to configurate it , the model is:

serial no. JUT00K184728

model WRT120N

I'd appreciate your help.

Elena

merijones

I was online chatting and the connection was broken.  Please send manual set up instructions via Email at eudora1@live.com.

merijones

It's wired.

merijones

I was disconnected for the chat page, now I am not sure what steps to take to set up my router manually.