GRAYTech

Power for WAP54GPE

I just bought a WAP54GPE with power over Ethernet (POE). I don't however, have anything that will provide the power.

According to the WAP54GPE specs it requires 48V DC.

What linksys power injector will work with this router? I don't need a switch/hub but would be willing to put one in if that's the only way.

Thanks!

Re: Power for WAP54GPE

I dont know where in the specs it says it takes 48vdc . The WAPPOE12 12v power over ethernet adapter is required for the wap54gpe .

The WAPPOE comes with a splitter & injector . The injector is the only part used since the wap54gpe supports POE . You would only need to connect the splitter when using routers which have no POE support but run on 12vdc such as a wrv200.
GRAYTech

The 48vDC is on the data sheet for the AP.   I see now that the data sheet for the POE12 also makes reference to powering a single 48vDC device.

Thanks for the info on the power injector.  One concern I have (that may be for a different forum) is I'm running on a CAT6 network. 

I believe the CAT6 switch I have, LINKSYS EG008W, also uses the spare pairs.

Will I run into trouble using the power injector on a CAT6 network?  Or is the power injector a one way deal and I'm OK if I put the injector at the end of the line, just in front of the AP and after the CAT6 switch ?

Internet -> Router -> EG008W  -> POE12  -> WAP54GPE .... Wireless

Thanks for your help!

GRAYTech wrote:

Will I run into trouble using the power injector on a CAT6 network?  Or is the power injector a one way deal and I'm OK if I put the injector at the end of the line, just in front of the AP and after the CAT6 switch ?

Internet -> Router -> EG008W  -> POE12  -> WAP54GPE .... Wireless

Thanks for your help!

Yes the poe injector sends power only one way .  If you connect the poe injector after the switch you wont have any problems .