Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
xenocide
Accepted Solution

WAP11 access point - setting won't save

I'm trying to set up my access point again after a period of inactivity. I download the settings to the AP through the USB config utility, it says 'DOWNLOAD CONFIG OK' and the setting reflect it. So far so goods (specifically I am trying to turn on WEP.)  However when I try to log onto the network from my wireless laptop it says UNSECURED. I exit the config utility and restart it and  the settings are are set back to defaults! Basically the settings I put in are not saving!?

FredZ

Re: WAP11 access point - setting won't save

Throw away the setup CD and set the WAP11 up using your web browser.

Regards

Fred

xenocide

Ok. Is there a way to do that through the USB cable? Or do I need to access it through the wireless network?

FredZ

You should be able to do at via the USB assuming the USB connection is being treated as a network connection.

From the command prompt type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes) and see if your USB port (or the link to it) is listed with an IP number. If so then yes, if not then no.

Does the WAP11 have an Ethernet port? If so use that.

Regards

Fred

Carrot

Don't use the CD to set up the Access Point...Connect your Access Point to your router using an ethernet cable...Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.251...
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...you should see your Access Point set-up...Manually enter your SSID and WEP Key and hit Apply...Do the rest of the configuration using the same web utility...
xenocide

The access point is connected to my router via ethernet cable. The yellow link led on the access point is on. The green ethernet led on my router for that port is on. But when typing in 192.168.1.251

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

xenocide

Ok i tried a different idea. I dowloaded the software from the linksys website instead of installing it from the CD I got with the access point. This seems to have solved the problem. I guess it was a bad install ort the CD went bad...thanks for your help anyway