Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
iandunn

WAP200 using WAPPOE stops working randomly

About a year ago I installed 3 WAP200's powered by WAPPOEs. They worked fine when I set them up, but pretty soon one of them started cutting out randomly. It still had power and was still broadcasting a signal, but I couldn't connect to it. It would start working after a reboot, but would cut out every week or two. Eventually I just ran an extension cord and plugged it directly into an outlet instead of using the POE injector, and it's been fine for the past 6 months.

Now a second device is starting to do the same thing. I couldn't find any info in the forums or online. Has anyone run into this before? 

pilat2poncio

Re: WAP200 using WAPPOE stops working randomly

hi! as of now the only suggestion i can give is to update the firmware for the wap200. try doing the firmware update on one of the wap200 that is having the problem. after doing the firmware update observe if the same problem will still happen.
oscarsousa

i´m to update wap200. help to the option. my frist update the wap200. help me please.

RSchulze

sorry to dig out this old thread. but I've been having the same problem. unfortunately I don't have any outlets in the cieling so I have to use POE. Upgrading Firmware didn't help, and I've got 2 new Accesspoints that are having this problem every couple day.

I would be grateful if anyone had any sugegstions on how to fix the problem.