mrsound

WAP4400N Set up Help

Can some one walk me through the set up of a WAP4400N access point.  I can get into the set-up when connected directly to the computer, but not sure where to go from there.
peanuts

Re: WAP4400N Set up Help

HI,...
What is the setup that you want to perform on the access point ?
As you are already on the setup page.....you can make the wireless setting as per your requirements.
 Wireless setting means assigning a unique name to the wireless network, enabling wireless security on the Access Point.
Once the wireless setting are beign made make sure to save the settings .
mrsound

When I go into the set-up with the computer connected to the AP it just lets me name and enter an IP address.  Then if I try to enter the set-up when the AP is connected to the Router it will not connect.  Not sure Iif I am using the correct IP Address.  I would also like to be able to enable security.
peanuts

What is the IP address of your router ?
   Also make sure that the router and the Access Point are in the same IP address range.

mrsound

I made sure the AP IP was in the range of the router.  When I set up the AP with the PC plugged direct to AP it just lets me name the AP and set IP address.  Everything else I get a red circle with a line through it.  The iI connect the AP to the router and try to connect to the AP IP address with PC connected to the router it won't connect.  The wireless Laptop is working and get internet.  But I can not get to the AP utilities to set up security.  What am I doing wrong.  Linksys tech support does not support this product.