Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rgoossens

WAP54A LEDs are all off

Hi, I have a WAP54A access point which has been functioning fine for 5 years. This morning I connected to it as usual with no problems.  While I was surfing the net I was disconnected and couldn't reconnect.  Finally after rebooting the PC and still not being able to connect, I checked the access point itself.  Much to my surprise no LED's were on.  I checked the power adapter and it seems to be functioning.  What should my next step be? Thanks, Rick.
FredZ

Re: WAP54A LEDs are all off

I assume you mean a WAP54G

If no lights at all are turning on then you may want to try another 12V power supply.

At a minimum the Power Light should turn on.

If no lights will turn on at all then I would say that the unit has experienced a catastrophic  failure and is dead.

Regards

Fred

rgoossens

Hi, no it is a WAP54A (5Mhz 802.11a protocol) -- came out before 802.11g.  I've tested the power supply and it seems to be functioning -- output of 5V.  Not even the power LED turns on.  I was afraid it was dead but was hoping .... thx, Rick.
dibbler

Hard reset the AP, Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your AP, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your AP...Check for the lights, if you still face the same problem after resetting the AP you should replace it...
max2198

i have the same problem when i power cycle the wap54a  have to let it sit for 5 minutes then it would work. it works fine when it powers up correctly  
FredZ

Try a different 12V power supply.

Regards

Fred