Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
flyleclair

WAP54G Access Point Setup after a Reset

Hello,  I had to reset my access point but the login screen fails to appear to lock the router.  I don't have the setup wizard disk.  So here are my questions. 
  1. The proper way to connect the access point to get into the setup screen?
  2. What is the default IP to obtain the login screen?
  3. How can I change the settings without the setup wizard disk.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

sethu

Re: WAP54G Access Point Setup after a Reset

It is much easy to configure the WAP54G since it can be hardwired to the router directly using the Straight through cable. Once the access point is hardwired try to pin the default ip address from the DOS Prompt. If the request times out, hold the reset button at the back of the access point for 30 seconds which erases the settings and gives a response to the ping command.

The factory built ip address is 192.168.1.245. Username is left blank and admin in lower case is the password. Once you are logged in to the access point setup page, you must assign static ip address as 192.168.1.245/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1. It can also be changed according to the network. Configure the SSID, Channel and wireless security details. Configure the AP mode options as per your requirement.

Once the settings are saved, you may get a blank page. No worries. Close the setup page, unplug and plug the power cable back in. Try to ping the access point and confirm that it is working. Then you could make it as a wireless repeater.
flyleclair

Thanks sethu.  I will give it try.
flyleclair

I hit the reset for 30 seconds with the power on as instructed but no luck.  I still can not ping the access point address 192.168.1.245.    Any other ideas?
systemsGo

You don't need to ping! Are you using an internet browser to access the address 192.168.1.245?
chadw01

Make sure your workstation is on the same subnet as the AP before trying to ping - if you run a patch cable directly between the two and cannot ping, try holding down the reset button for 30 seconds while power cycling the AP.

Don't try using IE to access the AP until you can ping the unit - if you can't ping it, there's no way you'll get web access to it.

bdog

can not get to the setup page

bdog

yes

bdog

yes iam

FredZ

Read this document as it has explicit details on how to connect to and configure your WAP54G

http://www.shooter.co.nz/Linksys_WAP54G_setup_procedures.pdf

Regards

Fred