WAP54G vs WRT54G

what is the difference between these two?
i know that if i want to go just wireless the WAP54G will be ideal but really i think that Wireless Routers and Wireless Access Point are basically the same when it comes to wireless,i see the difference in price,a WRT54G goes for $44.99 and a WAP54G goes for $64.99,it should be the other way around since the Router has more choices,e.g.Ethernet 4 Ports + Wireless and the WAP just wirless,I'd like to get to the bottom of this.Thanks guys.

Re: WAP54G vs WRT54G

Dam!
i really though that I could make my internet wireless by connecting my cable modem to the WAP54G access point straight from the cable modems ethernet port but I think I am wrong,for that we use the WRT54G router which I already have.
I really though that either the router or the wap will make my internet wireless.
i was going to suggest to a friend to just buy the wap,my mistake,sorry guys.
i am still confused with WR and WAP.

WRE54G is range booster & WAP54G is wireless repeater ....so you will get maximum speed using WRE54G ...but you will see good speed on WAP54G ////

hai..just want to share some knowledge here. If u want to get connected wirelessly, u need a router(wrt54g) and the router's function is a little bit different with Access Point. Access Point(WAP54G) also broadcast signal but it is just a repeater for your wireless connection. So, i suggest you to buy a router and if you have a low signal, u can add an access point or Range Expander in your network to boost up the signal.