WAP54G will not connect to a d-link DI-624 router with wep or wpa security enabled

Hello,

I have a d-link di-624 wireless router in my home network.
I got myself a new linksys access point (WAP54G) to connect my pc to the wireless network.  Connecting the assess point to my router is no problem until I try to use any kind of secure connection (WEP or WPA).
I can not get it to connect.
I copied the HEX string I got via WEP encryption from the WAP54G to my router and put it in there to be sure that I had an exact copy but it still didn't work. (Is this case sensitive because the access point uses capital letters and the router doesn't)
I know it works on the router because connecting with my laptop (has a built in wireless card) is no problem.
But getting the access point to connect is another thing.
Any suggestions. (appart from get a linksys router)?
Tx.

Re: WAP54G will not connect to a d-link DI-624 router with wep or wpa security enabled

just let me know in which mode you are trying to configure the AP, also tell the firmware version of the AP.

Re: WAP54G will not connect to a d-link DI-624 router with wep or wpa security enabled

Sorry for the late reply.
The mode I'm connecting with is infrastructure and the firmware version is 2.03.

the HEX chars should not be case sensitive.
maybe you can do this setup to further isolate the problem:
1. enable wep on your dlink.
2. connect your linksys to one of the ports on the dlink. configure it as a regular AP.
3. set a different network name on linksys and enable the same wep key as your dlink.
4. test connection with the two networks.

if your laptop will just be able to connect to the two names without problem, then it might just be interoperability issues.

enabling encryption adds burden to this issue also.

you might try different channel settings.