Do you mean 
fabio.pergola

Re: WAP610N connectivity issues

same issue here with 2 x wap610n systems

any1 got a working fix?

jpsaila

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys, I've been having issues too, not getting IP addresses for Mobile/Tablets.
I spent 2 hours with support doing heaps of tests today.

Will send an update if I hear from Linksys

See post - http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Access-Points/Ongoing-WAP610N-problems-with-no-fix-in-sight/m-p/47... 

per.soderberg@consilium.se

Hi,

Also have problem with these units. We have five of them (firmware 1.0.02, build 3). They stop working and only way to get them to work is by rebooting them everyday.

As there are many other users who has problem with WAP610N I have not bothered to contact support yet but think I will, as no new firmware has been released since 1.0.02

Will Cisco try to solve the problem or not?

Never more a Cisco unit for me if they not fix the problem.

satech1

I have 11 of these units and they all freeze when they are loaded with heavy traffic no matter what I try. I contacted support and sent them all info, firmware and wireshark results showing the problem. I also sent them links to this forum about all the other people that had problems.

All they did was say that they could not reproduce the problem in the lab. All was well in the tests they did.

I gave up.... I hold a master of science degree and have worked with wireless networks in 10 years as part of that. This is a product that does not work and never will.

I have fine results using other Linksys products, so Linksys is not hopeless, the WAP610N just does not work for some reason. I bet it's a hardwareproblem that cannot be fixed.

dstein@ptsstaffing.com

I have had a case open since January which Cisco confirmed the following:

"I understand that you are having some difficulties connecting devices to your WAP610N using WPA/WPA2 wireless security encryption. Please be advised that this is a known issue and that a fix is being worked into the next WAP610N firmware release."

At this time a product recall is needed.  Please contact support if you have not already.

David

jpsaila

After returning my WAP610 to cisco and recieving a new one, I encountered the same problems immediately

unable to connect mobility devices when security is enabled on the WAP.

I'm about to update to the new firmware, according to the release notes it should resolve the issues, fingers crossed, although  I'm not holding my breath

- Resolved issue with wireless clients not being able to re-connect to the device after reboot if wireless security is set to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise.
Flyveren

Just updated to latest firmware, but still same problem. Some laptops connects, other doesn't get an IP. My Nokia Lumia 800 cannot connect.

tucktech

Hello,   I have the following issues:

When I setup the WiFi to have security WPA or WPA2 the laptop makes a request via the access point, to the router.  The router responds.  I do not have any further visibility to packets at this time. So I cannot see if the AP is getting the response from the router but I do know the PC is NOT.  The laptop then makes a request again until it "times out" and finallaly remains in the state of "limited access". I don't have any internet connectivity or LAN access because the IP address is a "public" ip.

IF I turn off the wifi Security it works fine.  My laptop gets an assigned IP address from the router, etc..

What I have not done is to create a static ip address on the laptop to see if it works.

I am on firmware 1.0.0.3 ( I think).  I downloaded this about a week ago (3/2012) so I am pretty sure I have the latest.

I get the feeling the AP is not forwarding the messages etc.. and this is the issue.  Perhaps anothe firmware upgrade will fix it.

The funny thing is this worked about 2 months ago and I stopped using this device.  I needed it again and now it won't work, so I upgraded the firmware and continue to have problems.

Unfortunately this device is out of product warranty and I am not going to pay for support when I believe it is a device issue. I have other Mfg APs that do work....

Flyveren

Try send me a mail on joe.dario@gmail.com, and I'll try help you.