Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cchau

WAP610N firmware update eta

Any words on when firmware will be released for WAP610N to fix connectivity issue for Apple devices e.g. iPhone, iPad?

scrooge

Re: WAP610N firmware update eta

What is the current firmware version on the WAP610N access point? There is no further information about the new release of the firmware. Let me know the exact issue that you are facing with the Access Point?

cchau

[ Edited ]

Firmware is 1.0.02.

Issues I'm having:

1. iPhones, iPads, some Android Honeycomb tablets are unable to get IP through DHCP. Static IP works.
  2. WAP610N refuses connections periodically. It needs a reboot once a day or once every 2 days. It would just refuse connections. No devices can connect to the AP until the AP is rebooted.

Last I talked to Cisco on Jan 19, 2012, I was told firmware update to fix the issues *should* be available soon. However, no update so far to rectify the issue.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

dstein@ptsstaffing.com

I have had a case open since January which Cisco confirmed the following:

"I understand that you are having some difficulties connecting devices to your WAP610N using WPA/WPA2 wireless security encryption. Please be advised that this is a known issue and that a fix is being worked into the next WAP610N firmware release."

At this time a product recall is needed.  Please contact support if you have not already.

David

cchau

[ Edited ]

I just flashed firmware to 1.0.03. Still have yet to see if the connection drop issue is fixed.

I've reset AP and re-configured after the firmware upgrade.

iPhones/iPads/Android 3 tablets still unable to get IP thru DHCP.

jpsaila

After returning my WAP610 to Cisco and recieving a new one, I encountered the same problems immediately

unable to connect mobility devices when security is enabled on the WAP.

I'm about to update to the new firmware, according to the release notes it should resolve the issues, fingers crossed, although looking at the above post, I'm not holding my breath

- Resolved issue with wireless clients not being able to re-connect to the device after reboot if wireless security is set to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise.
cchau

2012-04-02.

1. The firmware update did not fix anything on our WAP610N.
  2. It continues to drop off and clients unable to connect to it.
  3. Needs reboot then works for a day or 2 depending on load.
dstein@ptsstaffing.com

I confirmed with Cisco/Linksys a month ago that new firmware has been created for these connectivity issues and it was still in testing.

I also am SUPRISED that Cisco/Linksys representatives do not review and post on this community which was created and hosted by Cisco/Linksys.

doctorbob

I'm still having the same issue too after updating the firmware on it is their any chance on this getting fixed anytime soon? Or atleast some information when to expect the next update?

cchau

Tech support said the unit was defective. We're going to RMA it.