DCLawyer

HGA7T Antenna - still being sold by Linksys?

I have a WRT54g Linksys Router.  My local computer firm sold me a HGA7S antenna when I asked for a solution to some spotty wireless internet coverage in my home.  I unscrewed one of the antennas in back and tried to screw in the HGA7S, but couldn't figure out how to do it.  From what I have been able to tell from looking at Linksys's product page, the HGA7T is for the WRT54G because it has a TNC connector, while the HGA7S has a SMA connector.  So, the 7T seems right, but my computer guy is saying that the 7S is now being sold for all models of routers (according to his Linksys sales rep).  I notice that the 7T is hard to find.  Is there some adopter to make the 7S work with the WRT54g?
dibbler

Re: HGA7T Antenna - still being sold by Linksys?

Linksys HGA7T are compatible and commonly used for Linksys routers and access points like WRT54GS, WRT54G, WAP54G, BEFW11S4, WAP11 and it has an optional stand, AS2TNC.

On the other hand HGA7S (1 piece antenna) are compatible with wireless adapters and wireless bridge like WMP54G, WMP54GS, WET54G, WET54GS5 and also compatible with WRV54G. It has an optional stand, AS1SMA.