08-11-2009 05:54 AM
Hi, I'm setting up an AG300 and I'd like clients to be able to VPN to the local network (from the internet) and access local-only resources on the network.
I'm at a loss as to how to set this up.
1) Can the remote workers use the Windows XP/Vista VPN connection tool in networking or do they need to run a separate comprehensive VPN tool? Any recomendations?
2)The AG300 settings are as follows:
• Firewall disabled (temporarily) for simplicity sake
- All bassthrough are enabled
- IPSec VPN Tunnel Enabled
- Tunnel Name "Remote"
- Local Secure Group: Subnet; 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0
- Local Secure Gateway: PVC 1
- Remote Secure Group: Any
- Remote Security Gateway: Any
- Encryption: DES
- Authentication: MD5
- Ley Management: Auto/PFS Enabled/Preshared Key "password"/Lifetime 3600
The Win Vista VPN setup wants a user name and password and doesn't seem to duplicate any of the settings I've specified in the AG300?