stsin
Accepted Solution

Am200 refuses a valid (public) local ip address (local ip address is not a valid address)

Hi there, having a few issues with my current dsl line and was planning on using the am200 as a secondary dsl modem to check if it behaves better under adsl2+.  However when I go to enter in the desired local ip address (94.30.x.x),  the subnet mask (255.255.255.248) turn off the dhcp server, and click ok I'm given the error "Local IP address is not a valid address" and unable to continue.  It will of course allow me to use private IP addresses, but as this modem will connect to my firewall/web server (which is 94.30.x.x+1) I do NOT want the modem to be an imaginary ip address, but rather a real, routed one.

Before I make an official support request to linksys (cisco now) I thought I would check to see if anyone else has a possible solution.  I've just upgraded firmware to 1.19.02 and it still gives the same error. 

Thanks.

stsin

Re: Am200 refuses a valid (public) local ip address (local ip address is not a valid address)

Note forcing the firmware 1.19.04 from the AM300 onto the AM200 doesn't fix the problem, it still will only accept private IP addresses.

stsin

Re: Am200 refuses a valid (public) local ip address (local ip address is not a valid address)

Please delete this thread, using another firmware I was able to select a real IP address.  Hopefully linksys (cisco) will realease an official firmware to fix this, but in the meantime,  thanks for the hard work Geremia!