Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zero12uk
Accepted Solution

Can my Router work with ADSL2/ VDSL?

[ Edited ]

I have been using a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL  WAG200G, Annex-A  Gateway Router and it has been fine, now my ISP have told me that they are modernising the network and will need a router capable of managing ADSL2/ VDSL connections, so will my router be able to do that or will I have to buy a new one? It has firmware 1.01.09, any info would be much appreciated.

Edit: I see in the DSL Modulation menu which is set at present to "Multimode" I also have options to select ADSL2, ADSL2+, ADSL2 AnnexM, ADSL2+ AnnexM and ASDL2 AnnexL but I do not see any mention of "VDSL"

Expert
Expert

Re: Can my Router work with ADSL2/ VDSL?

No. The router does not support VDSL. You'll need a new modem. This "problem" is the main reason why I generally recommend to get a separate, simple modem and an ethernet router. The ethernet router works independent from the access technology, i.e. you can switch the technology from ADSL to VDSL or to cable and all you have to change is the modem and you still can continue to use the router.

You would only have to upgrade the ethernet router if it's too old and slow to handle your new internet speed...
zero12uk

thank you for your information and advice, most helpfull, at least I now know I should start looking for a new modem.

Matt1Ghz

Linksys Admin, when are you guys bringing out a VDSL gateway similar to the current X3500 ADSL gateway? I am waiting patiently because i only buy Linksys when possible, i stay away from other manufacturers like the plague

dadayzee

Keep checking the website for updates, Matt. They usually update the website information once a new product is available.

Matt1Ghz

Hi Dadayzee, Thanks for the info!