helmut.allacher

Cannot access Webservers in LAN with my X2000 Router

I run a X2000 router for some weeks and it works properly basically - with one exception.

WIFI attached devices (Win7, Vista, Android) can go to the internet without having any problem. But they cannot access my local servers (Media-Server, Storage server). I access with normal settings (not the guest) but the behavior is similar to what I expected from the guest-WIFI: protect resources in LAN.

Anyway, for historical reason I have also another WIFI Hotspot in the LAN what is connected to the X2000 via cable. If the same devices connect to this hotspot, everything works fine. So the problem isn't caused by the servers.

Anybody has an idea about this? Many thanks in advance for any help!

cu Helmut

Expert
RobinsonX7

Betreff: Cannot access Webservers in LAN with my X2000 Router

Hi helmut.allacher,

Can you access your servers when you connect via LAN cable to the X2000?

How have you configured Your IP addresses? Is the Server running on DHCP or static IP?

Can you ping the server IP when connected to the X2000 WiFi?

Regards,

RobinsonX7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Die Such Funktion ist dein Freund.... und Google auch

Cisco Knowledge Base

Linksys Home Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

handelgame

I have the same problem with Linksys E4200 router.

I have access my server  when I connect via LAN cable. In windows 7 i see my server and have access to files. and webserver work also properly: access with the name of the server.

But by WiFI connection, there is no access with the name.

>How have you configured Your IP addresses?

no

>Is the Server running on DHCP or static IP?

DHCP, but the server has the reserved IP in local network, like 192.168.1.200

>Can you ping the server IP when connected to the X2000 WiFi?

yes. also in mozilla by typing "192.168.1.200" i see the localhost page, but nothing more!

What should I do?

Expert
RobinsonX7

Hi handelgame,

From the looks of it, it sounds like a Windows problem. Maybe your Firewall or Antivirus programs are blocking the WiFi connection in your local network. Try to deactivate them and also delete the WiFi profile and reconnect again to your router.

The router by default and itself does not filter any traffic in the local network. You should have the same access to your LAN devices over WiFi as over LAN.

Try to reset your router as well and reconfigure it. (Hold the reset button that is underneath the router for 30 sec.)

Look as well at the DHCP client list table and tell me if all your devices connected to the router are listed there.

If you can, make a screenshot and add it to the post.

Good luck,

RobinsonX7

Die Such Funktion ist dein Freund.... und Google auch

Cisco Knowledge Base

Linksys Home Support

helmut.allacher

Hi all,

sorry, unfortunately I was offline and couldn't check the replies.

First of all: it is definitely not a Windows problem, as Windows doesn't play a role in the problem. Yes, I cannot access from a Win7 client but same behavior on my Androids. And, if I connect from my Win7-client to the other Hotspot, it works well.

This is also the answer to the question if it works if I'm connected by cable (the other hotspot is connected by cable to the router). Anyway, also my stationary PCs (1 Windows, 2 Linux) can access the servers withouth any problem.

Yes, the server(s) have static IP address(es) in Lan and I have same behavior if I acces by name or IP-address.

Router reset doesn't help, I already did it. This is a permanent problem, I guess this is a bug in firmware. Unfortunately it makes my router useless for my needs. :-(

Does anybody have an idea?

cu

Helmut

krosa

[ Edited ]

I've experienced a lot of problem between wireless and cabled interfaces with the default configuration of X2000.

I found out that the problem is caused by a (at least for me) too much paranoic default option with a not-so-clear description.

Try the following:

Goto to the "Security" tab:

ENABLE, if not already enabled, the SPI Firewall Protection

UNCHECK the following item: Filter Anonymous Internet Requests 

SAVE settings.

Hope it helps

Stefano

helmut.allacher

Many thanks for the hint - unfortunately it didn't help.

Meanwhile I opened a support case at Linksys - let's see what they do (the first tip was to do a reset - because the router is completely new :smileyhappy: maybe in future the car seller will ask me to remove the engine and instert it again if i have a problem with a brand new car ).

cu

Helmut

helmut.allacher

[ Edited ]

Hi Handlegame,

below you can find the topology of my home-network and the text I sent to the Linksys supporter today (so far, I haven't got an answer). It describes in more detail what goes wrong.

cu

Helmut

Text to Linksys Support:

Dear supporter,

let me responde in (broken) English, maybe you will forward it to the next support-level.

In advance - yes I did a reset (also a hardware and not just a load factory defaults) and it didn't change my problem.

As requested I attach the topology of my network (the image below).

Below I'll refer to the topology sheet. Let me start with a short description.

As you can see the X2000 is connected to WAN by ADSL using DHCP client on the WAN side. At the Lan it acts as the DHCP Server and WLAN is active with the SSID Rosenzweig.

All cable devices are connected to a Switch (Cisco SF 100-16), including the X2000. My "servers" at the bottom on the sheet have fix IP addresses set whereas the "Clients" use DHCP (obtaining the address from the Router).

As special client is an Apple Airport Express WLan Device - this I want(ed) to replace by the X2000 but unfortunately it doesn't work yet. This WLan Device runs SSID Lunanet and is attached to the Switch like all other clients - also it uses DHCP for obtaining it's address.

With this configuration, all wireless devices can use both SSIDs - Lunanet as well as Rosenzweig. In both cases, the devices can use the internet properly without any restriction. Also the cable attached computers can use internet. So internet is available for all.

All cable attached devices can reach all the local servers without any problem. So the servers work properly.

All WLAN devices connected to SSID Lunanetz (Airport Express) can reach all the local servers properly - same situation as I have vor cable devices.

All WLAN devices connected to SSID Rosenzweig (X2000) CAN NOT reach the local servers!!! This is my problem.

In my opinion, this is what I would expect from a guest-SSID, but Rosenzweig isn't configured as Guest. The guest-SSID is Rosenzweig-Gast!

Checking this configuration, I see no other choice than the problem is in the router configuration. Please help me to fix it! For me it's also ok, if you change something in the backup configuration so I can reload it (give me a temporary fix).

Many thanks for your support!

Kind regards,

homnet-topology.jpg

ale123

Hi,

I have a similar issue using one Linksys X3000 and one Linksys E1000 and one netbook win7.

The X3000 and E1000 are far, and they are connected via cable and switch.

I am able to connect via wireless to the internet using both X3000 and E1000, the problem arises if I try to connect to the local network, here the steps:

1 turn on the netbook near the X3000, wireless works ok, Internet connection ok, Lan connection ok.

2 move the netbook near the E1000, wireless internet and local Lan are ok.

3 go back near the X3000: wireless internet is ok. Local Lan doesn't work anymore, cannot ping nothing.

4 reset the X3000: wireless internet and Local Lan are ok.

I tryed lots of settings, still the same result.

Any idea?

Alek

Expert
kent07

The X3000 and E1000 are they both on the same network address on 192.168.1.x?