Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
kyby_bob
Accepted Solution

Connecting Vista to WAG54G V3 gateway via wireless

I have bought a new Toshiba Satellite L300/700 Notebook running Vista Home Premium and cannot connect to my existing Linksys WAG54G Ver3 router via wireless (works fine with ethernet cable connection). I have tried switching off all wireless security on router but still get the same error. The wireless network can be seen but Vista claims it gets no response when attempting to connect. I have XP and Mac notebooks connecting wirelessly all OK using WPA PSK security. I have tried the new Notebook on a friend's Billion 7401VGP wireless network and it works fine. The Notebook has an Integrated Atheros 802.11(bg) wireless modem. Any help much appreciated - Bob
oook

Re: Connecting Vista to WAG54G V3 gateway via wireless

As your XP and Mac Notebooks are connecting wirelessly, I can say that your router is functional...On the new Vista Laptop...Click on Start>>Control Panel>>Network and Sharing Center>>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all the networks present in the list...  Turn the Wireless Switch Off and turn it back on after 10 seconds...  Click Start>>Control Panel>>Network and Sharing Center>>Manage Network Connection...Right click on Wireless Netwok Connection and click on disable(wait for a minute and re-enable the wireless connection)...  Goto Connect to a Network and try to connect, hopefully it should connect...Leave the Security Mode as WPA Personal on your router...
kyby_bob

Re: Connecting Vista to WAG54G V3 gateway via wireless

Hi, I did as you suggested but no change, then did what I should have done in the first place - upgraded my router firmware, and it all suddenly worked.  Many thanks for your response in any case :smileyhappy: