Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
abb
abb

Home Wireless-G Router HR200

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction,the pc i have is hard wired to the above router (cable modem) i have a laptop which is wireless & the pc upstairs is useing a home wireless-G usb adaptor HU200 all running xp,now i want to use port forwarding but cannot find any info on setting it up with the HR200 i can find other info on Linksys routers but not mine,
I know i have to set all 3 pcs for static ips etc but im stuck now? ive tried portforward.com but they dont list my router,thanks 
                                                                                 ...abb...
gandalf

Re: Home Wireless-G Router HR200

Hi… Here the screenshot for the Port Range Forwarding for you router. Login to this router with its IP address (default IP 192.168.1.1) in IE and setup the port forwarding. On the setup page, click on gaming and administration under which you will find port range forwarding.

You need to assign a static IP address on the computer for which you want to forward the ports. You cannot forward the same port for more than one computer. In that case you can use port triggering. Port Forwarding is used when you host any service from that computer. Port Triggering is used when you access any service on the computers behind the router.

abb
abb

[ Edited ]
Thanks  for replying,now you have confused me a bit,
You say i have to only need to assign static ip address only on that device for which u need to open ports but surely i will need to change the router setup to static ip & not automatic configuration-DHCP & then i would surely have to set all pcs on network to static ip?
this is my setup
1st pc (main) hard wired to wireless -G-router.
2nd pc (laptop) wireless enabled.
3rd pc(upstairs) this is the one i want to use for port forwarding ....also the ip range is between 192.168.1.100 ~ 149 so let say the upstairs pc i set to 192.168.1.110 but what happens if the main pc assigns lets say the laptop 110 ? as this could happen as the router is still set to automatic configuration ?
the other thing is do i tick both TCP & UDP or just one as im unsure of which to use im trying to set up utorrent for port forwarding?.... Thank you for you help........................Abb
Just an update realy, i tried setting 2 computers up with a static ip the 1st pc & 3rd pc the 1st i set 192.168.1.136 as the IP addy & the 3rd i set 192.168.1.110 as the IP addy i filled in what the ip, defaut gatway etc but nothing at all could not connect to internet on either pc,so changed it all back,& then thought (correct me if im wrong) should i have used my actual IP address that im given from my service provider? or just the 192.168.1.101 which i have to enter in my configuration in my router setup???? thanks

Message Edited by abb on 01-22-200706:56 AM

gandalf

Hi… You don’t need to change the setup configuration of the router. Let it be automatic configuration DHCP. Go to Status and check the IP address. It should be different from 192.168.x.x. Check the DNS servers. Go to the PC you want to assign Static IP and assign a IP address as 192.168.1.x (where x is less than 100 or more than 149) with subnet and Default gateway (192.168.1.1) and DNS servers from the Status Page. Go to Setup page and do the port forwarding for this IP address. If you are not sure of the Protocol (TCP/UDP), select both and enable it. That’s it.

abb
abb

Hi gandalf,
Just to say your info has helped me set it up & it all works just great so thank you very much for your time & help that you have gave me...
                                             Abb
premji

Hi Gandalf,

Can you please help me out on this,

i have the same router and problem is that i m using 4 laptops with windows Vista, now i want to enable my wireless security, router gives me 2 options 1. WEP 2. WAP personal when i used to on WEP it enable security only for windows xp systems and for the vista it gives this message on the connection "the settings of the connection is not correct as per your system connection"

if you will reply on this i will be very thankfull to you

thanks
aggieundone@hotmail.com

Re: Home Wireless-G Router HARRY

Need help installing port numbers for a Playstation 3.....(TCP & UDP Ports).