Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
airplane_vn

How to configure WAG200G to work in bridge mode

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure my WAG200G to work in bridge mode so that it can transfer my external IP address to my ISA server.

My network map is very simple,

Internet -- WAG200G -- ISA Server -- LAN

Can you please help me on this issue ?
If WAG200G does not support this function, can you advice me other modems (no need to have wireless) that can do it ?
Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
sobol

Re: How to configure WAG200G to work in bridge mode

Hi, in bridge mode you can take external IP address on you ISA Server if you configure this modem in "Bridge mode only" and manually set up connection like "Hight speed Internet connection" in network connection menu on you ISA server, and after that configure you ISA server fo users access.
newlinksys

I am too facing same prblem while setting WAG200G in bridge mode. Can any one give me step by step information for configuring WAG200G in bridge mode
jnxjn

Same problem here - how to set up WAG200G to work only as a modem, so I connect other router to it and that 2nd router provides login&pass for ppoe?

Expert
Expert

Configure it to "bridge mode only".
jnxjn2

when i set it to 'bridge mode only', the router doesn't become transparent as it should (right?).

i still can access its panel, and my 2nd router won't connect to the internet through wag200g, even though its given all pppoe credentials.

Expert
Expert

If you set to "bridge mode only" the router should become transparent to any device which does not expect it to be there.

You can still access the web interface as long as your computer is wired to the WAG and has an IP address in the LAN IP subnet of the WAG (i.e. by default 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0). Thus if you make the change you are still able access to web interface until the computer tries to renew the IP address through DHCP which should fail (bridge mode should autmatically disable the DHCP server on the WAG).

You could also access the web interface if you set a static IP address like 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0 on your computer wired to the WAG.

Either way, after you have set it to bridge mode only you should be able to connect to the internet through the modem in the WAG after you set up your router for your internet connection, usually PPPoE. Please check with your ISP for what you have to use. Other ISPs require PPPoA or even a completely different mode of connection on your router (NOT the WAG).
jnxjn2

Thanks for clearing things up, I will give it a try again later on.