Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mn1362.110
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to have some static IPs from one static IP by using WAG120N ?

Is it possible to have some static IPs from one static IP by using WAG120N ? If yes how? Please go ahead step by step because I am a beginner in the cisco products.

More detail : I bought a Static Ip for my server today. I had some laptop and devices so I used a wag120n. I asked from a expert person in network he told me I should connect ADSL line to my server and buy a new lan devices to connect wag120n to server. If you have better soloution please guide me.

Best Wishes.

Expert
Expert

Re: Is it possible to have some static IPs from one static IP by using WAG120N ?

Do you have a single static IP address or do you have an additional static IP address? You can use a single static public IP address with the WAG120N but not more than one.
mn1362.110

Re: Is it possible to have some static IPs from one static IP by using WAG120N ?

Dera gv. I have a single static IP. Exactly I dont need more than that. I just want to establish my server on Internet while my other devices can access to Internet.Let me change my approach to problem. How can I reserve my Static IP for my server while my other devices are using Internet by WAG120N ?

Expert
Expert

You can't do that. You only have a single IP address.

You can use your static IP address on the WAG120N and all your devices share this IP address in the internet. You can then make your server accessible by setting up port forwarding for the services which must be accessible from the internet.
mn1362.110

Thank you. Would you please describe how I can setting up port forwarding for the services please?

Expert
Expert

You never wrote which services you need accessible from the internet...
mn1362.110

Exactly an expert installed a Microsoft CRM on my server and unfortunately I don't know anything more.

Expert
Expert

If it's a CRM you don't to expose thar server directly to the Internet. It would only raise interest of hackers. I would recommend to get a small biz router with VPN capabilities. That way access to the server is well protected by the VPN.
mn1362.110

I will adjust VPN but I don't know how I can set up port forwarding on the WAG120N?

Expert
Expert

Read user guide. Configure through web interface http://192.168.1.1/

Again: you don't want to expose your server to the internet. You don't want to forward ports to your server.