Mikro
Accepted Solution

Linksys Hardware Vs the ISP

I'm having lots of Problems with my cable internet service charter tech that came over saw my stack of Linksys gear and tried talking me into going back to a charter Motorola sb modem and all this crap and they don't really support linksys products and that's why I'm having issue with my modem. Right now the signal to my house is messing up at there end and it's going to take a while to fix I guess meanwhile I gotta put up with a partial internet connection.  
Mikro the Owner of the Linksys BEFCMU10_V4-UG Modem & The BEFSR41v4 Router.
torqued

Re: Linksys Hardware Vs the ISP

[ Edited ]
Tell the tech that the next time he starts to put his foot in his mouth about what they support, he should check his company website:  http://www.charter.com/Visitors/NonProducts.aspx?NonProductItem=66

"
What modem can I use?
Charter High-Speed Internet is compatible with most cable modems, including:

• Linksys WCG200 ver.2 Wireless-G Cable Gateway
  • Linksys BEFCMU10 Version 4
  • Linksys CM100 "

• Message Edited by torqued on 09-23-2008 01:59 PM
        Mikro

[ Edited ]
        I'm using the BEFCMU10 Version 4 it's running pretty good but charter here had signal issues finally straighten out I'm back up and running. I've learned some of these guys are full of it. I ussually know more and when I knew there was I signal problem I kept calling finally they fixed it

Message Edited by Mikro on 09-23-2008 05:25 PM

Message Edited by Mikro on 09-23-2008 05:25 PM

Message Edited by Mikro on 09-23-2008 05:26 PM
        Mikro the Owner of the Linksys BEFCMU10_V4-UG Modem & The BEFSR41v4 Router.
        helm

You can try for Upgrading the firmware of the Cable Modem......
        torqued

Why?  He said it was a signal problem.  Further, as has been explained numerous times, only the ISP can change the firmware.