Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
AdamDWood
Accepted Solution

Linksys X2000 losing internet connection

Hi I recently purchased at Linksys X2000 Router/dsl modem, I ran the setup and everything works fine except for when I am trying to play games online with one device and  surf the web on another device it keeps kicking one or both devices offline, but if only one of them is on it works fine.

I have AT&T dsl and I have checked all my setting and the router was setup by linksys Cisco Connect program but it still gives me this issue.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? My old WRT54G Router and AT&T dsl modem did not have this problem.

Thank You for your time and help.

vai_fan

Re: Linksys X2000 losing internet connection

Try these troubleshooting steps:

A] With the help of Cisco Connect Software (if at all you have installed the router with the help of this software)

1] Open the software and go to the option which says "Router Settings"

2] Then click on the option which says "Advanced Settings" which will take you to the router's configuration page.

3] On the same setup page lower down the MTU to 1400 from Auto.

4] Then click on the Wireless tab and change Channel width to 20 MHz only and change the Channel to 6, 9, 11...Save the settings..

Secondly avoid using any other wireless devices like cordless phones, microwave oven etc nearer to the router. Then check the wireless connection status for 2.4 GHz.

AdamDWood

I don't have a problem connection to the router just the interner keeps droping off, when it stop working  I am still logged into the router and I cn still log into the router

bohochic323

[ Edited ]

have you tried resetting and configuring the devices?

Also, you might wanna check out the tips in this page:

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoFlip/ukp.aspx?pid=2&vw=1&articleid=23788

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken."
AdamDWood

[ Edited ]

I reset the router to factory default then I updated the Firmware to the newsiest version to Ver.2.0.01 (Build 4) which had just recently had came out.

this seems to have fixed the DSL from going offline,

thanks for all the input and help.

oh if you want to know here is the new Firmware info

Cisco Consumer Products

Product:          	Linksys X2000 Annex A
Classification:   	Firmware Release History
Release Date:     	November 11, 2011

Firmware Version:	2.0.01	

Language:		Multi-Language
Note:			Not to be used with Annex B models (DE and E1)

Firmware 2.0.01 (build 4)
Release Date:  November 11, 2011

- Support both X2000 v1 and X2000 v2 hardware
- New ADSL data pump A2pD035a.d23f
- Added Portuguese, Turkish, Russian Web GUI
- Enhanced help files and Web GUI

Firmware 2.0.00 (build 27) X2000 v2
Release Date: July 12, 2011
- Initial release

Firmware 1.0.00 (build 25) X2000 v1
Release Date: May 20, 2011
- Initial release

Max260

I'm having trouble with my Linksys #X2000 losing it's dsl connection.  I have upgraded to the latest firmware.  It lasted for about a day when I got up the next morning it was down again.  I plugged in my old motorola modem and it worked fine.  I have tried just about everything I can find on the internet without any solution.  I have also tried changing my gateway ip address.

The wifi part works great it's just my dsl connection.

AdamDWood

check under PPPoE Settings and check to see if it one of the setings is on  "Keep Alive" or "Connect on Demand", if it is on Connect on Demand switch it to "Keep Alive".

also did you manualy setup the router/modem or did you use the disc that came with it? I have heard that there are problems with using a manual setup, using the cisco connect that come on the disc will setup the router settings for the dsl a lot better

Max260

Thanks for your input.  I installed with disc, and it is on keep alive for 30 sec.  I was looking at some reviews last night and some other people were having the same problem.  I know it's not my connection.  Because when I connect my old modem and linksys router wrt160n it does not drop my dsl connection at all.

AdamDWood

[ Edited ]

I am on At&T DSL not sure what you are on but here is a picture of my DSL settings that work.

dsl.jpg

oh after you change and save your settings I recommned rebooting the router/modem

Max260

Ok, I have at&t as well.  The only thing I see different is the auto detect for the vpi/vci was disabled.  What I will do is enable it and do a reboot.  Thanks for the help!!!!