Manoj_jain

My (Linksys WAG354G) router is restarting again and again

[ Edited ]
Please help,  my linksys router keeps on restarting again and again. recently i had changed the power adapter as the orginal power adapter failed. What might be the reason for restarting again.

Message Edited by Manoj_jain on 06-18-200709:07 AM

castor

Re: My (Linksys WAG354G) router is restarting again and again

hi... logon to router's setup page and try reducing MTU to 1365 check whether it makes any difference or not, if it still doesn't work try this link and upgrade the latest firmware, reset the router and reconfigure it according to ISP settings and reduce MTU to 1365, let me know the results...
Manoj_jain

how to log on to the router ?

-hans-

192.168.1.1 admin admin

[ Edited ]

In order to login to the router, u'll have to check the IP Address on ur pc first.

If the IP Address is in the range of the router, Open IE. Go to : 192.168.1.1.

USERNAME : admin  

PASSWORD : admin

Go to Administration TAB. There are certain subtabs, in that select Factory Defaults.

Save settings. Open the Setup page again and configure the settings according to ur ISP.

Also chk the firmware. And regrarding the power adapter, u can get a replacement for ur adapter from Linksys, only if its under warranty

Hope tht helps.

Message Edited by theonkar on 06-27-2007 09:56 AM

C | EH

linksyshelp.blogspot.com
Manoj_jain

I managed to logged in  but as soon the second page is open it gets disconnected(As i mentioned it restarts). So how can i hold the system so that i can manage the changes. Do you think the new adapter is causing the problem ?
TiredTech

Hi Manoj_jain, Sounds to me like your power adapter is not able to supply enough current to power the router or the router is faulty. Compare your original adapter ratings with the new one. Regards Boyd
dolphin

hi-try with a differnet power adapter if ur facing the same problem and device is in 3 yrs warranty---linksys will replace the device 4 u--if it is working fine with another adapter--only replace the adapter

My E4200 V1 did the same thing.  Cisco sent me a new router and power supply and this one does the same thing.

ScarletJamie

defriece wrote:

My E4200 V1 did the same thing.  Cisco sent me a new router and power supply and this one does the same thing.

What have you done so far with this?