Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jasonlovibond

Problems with WAG54GS No internet/adsl light

I am havelots of problems with my WAG54GS wireless router in the way that the ADSL/Internet light seem to have a mind of there own.
I have been on the Linksys helpline, and they solve the problem only for a few hours then it goes back to square one, The ADSL/Internet lights goes off.
We have made sure that our settings are correct and have been in touch with Tiscali (Our ISP) to make sure that the line is alright, we have done a ping and it returns back without a loss.
I have also been back to PC world to return the Router and have now got a new one but the same happened, it works for a while then goes the same.
We run two laptops from the router, which we do in the wireless mode.
Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Jason.
ridcully

Re: Problems with WAG54GS No internet/adsl light

hi , if there is a problem of the ADSL line going on and off ...i would not say that this is positively a router issue....verify a few things....the ADSL filter should be connected to the main incoming line . Also verify that there is no noise when u pick up the telephone reciever...if possible try a friends modem or router to confirm.
jasonlovibond

Thankyou for that information
We have tried swapping the filters numerous amounts of times, and the phone line is working okay. We are thinking about buying a tiscali router to see if that works, otherwise we will just have to use the modem

Thanks for your comments

Jason Lovibond 
jasonlovibond

Hi,
Just to keep you updated, we have just been on the phone to Linksys and have updated our firmware to version 9, we selected different settings from the new list we had from the 192.168.1.1 page
The Internet light is constant and the ADSL is now too. We have hopefully fixed the problem...... Until next time.   Thanks for the Info.

JASON.
pwheadon

I am having the same problem. I have just updated the firmware to version 9 via Linksys tech support and last night had a connection again. But this morning I am back to square one as there is no internet connection again. What settings did you use that were different after updating the firmware to V9.
wongduk

I have a Linksys WAG354G v2, and Tiscali and encounter the same issue.
recently it has completed disconnected me and now i am using the USB modem.
This happens with my previous netgear wireless router too.

Tiscali has mentioned to me that there is a lot of noise. you can try adding a filter at the BT main socket before any other items, this may help. however i have not had a chance to test this yet.

if anyone knows other settings to reduce noise please let me know.

thanks

David
Olmy

I also have this problem, I have the WAG354G V.2 and my ISP is BT. This morning the internet led was not lit. I have tried rebooting, and unplugging the router from the filter etc. Definitely not an ISP issue as it was working the night before and I am now back to the USB modem.
Stew123dai

Hey Guys, I wonder if you can help me. I also have a WAG54GS and it has been working perfectly until two days ago when the internet light went out. The weird thing is that the ADSL light is still light. I wonder if any of you can help me.
GeorgeW

Same problem for me Stew123dai. I have this problem from the day I bought the router. i only know that the internet light goes back on only if you restart the router!
If you find anything please let me know.
Thank you.
cambers

[ Edited ]
I also have the same problem with my WAG54GS no ADSL light. This all happened suddenly two weeks ago. Ironically I can connect up my old Linksys AG041 ADSL router and the ADSL light is on and my internet connection is okay.

Any ideas

Message Edited by cambers on 03-26-2008 08:31 AM

Message Edited by cambers on 03-26-2008 08:32 AM