Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dedge
Accepted Solution

Re WAG325N: Block certain IP addresses from being dynamically assigned?

Hi.   With about 4 out of every 5 IP addresses that my ISP dynamically assigns to the WAG325N, I find I can't get ftp access to a web server provided by another company.  All the problematic addresses start with the same number, and to get round it I have to switch off the WAG325N and switch it back on until I get a "good" address.  Is there some way I can set the WAG325N to reject dynamically assigned IP addresses in that particular range?

Sorry if this is a dumb question--networking isn't exactly my strong point !  I have looked in the User Guide but couldn't find anything about it.  Would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

helm

Re: Re WAG325N: Block certain IP addresses from being dynamically assigned?

It may be because your ISP is providing you a Dynamic IP and it keeps on changing. In you linksys router there is no such settings where you can block a particluar range of IP's.
dedge

Thanks for the reply, Helm !  Is there any other way of rejecting a particular range of the dynamically assigned  IP addresses my ISP assigns me?  The ISP's support is useless--the last time I needed to contact them they took 10 days to reply to the initial email, and they never answer the phone !
helm

Try to get a Static IP Address from your ISP and set your Gateway for Static IP Address and that should resolve your concern...
dedge

Thanks again, Helm--I'll try that (if I can ever raise the ISP's support team, that is!).

Dedge