Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
troia

Re: WAG160n ADSL2+ slow WiFi download speed

@studnia

please try and confirm with your ISP if you have the correct  VPI/VCI settings.

also try and lower your MTU settings and try 1492 or 1400.

thedge

I also have the V2 Annex A on the latest firmware.

Using speedtest.net my down speed is around 6Mbps. With wireless its around 1.3Mbps. I've had the unit about 3 weeks.

I've tried the following.

Many different channel settings (checking for overlapping networks using INSSIDER)

Various different recommendations for configurations on the advanced wireless settings page.

Resetting to factory and reconfiguring.

Moving the unit to a phone socket in a bedroom away from any other tech.

Trying tests between any of four different machines with both Wireless G and N.

I've noticed that when doing large file transfers between machines on my wireless network I'm getting very poor speeds aswell, suggesting that the problem isn't with the Modem performance, but with the wireless itself.

There is clearly some sort of issue with these units, or with the firmware.

andrewdwrussell

I have just purchased the wag160n version 2 annex A router today and have exactly this problem

speedtest down speed when linked to router by wire is 17mb (I am next to a roadside cabinet with telecom)

but when connected wirelessly its 1.8 - 2mb (never more than 2mb)

this problem is evident on my mac laptop and also my partners vista laptop (the speed tests give exactly the same result), if we use a thomson router we have full 17mb wired and wireless

I spent half an hour on chat with linksys in USA and they got me to try changing MTU values - that only made things worse for wireless and also halved my wired performance

they also got me to use channel 11 for wireless as that has no overlaps and is known to work well with macs, it made no difference (also have done everything the edge has done)

so at least we are not alone - though the router will be returned by the weekend if a solution is not found as I need fast wireless - esp. as I know I can get 17mb wireless with other companies products (have done it with a thomson yesterday)

so agree with the thedge its the units or the firmware - i brought my unit from PB Tech

lagrian

For what its worth exact same issue with me. All the same issues with me, slow speeds over wifi fine wired. Tried every settign under the sun none make a difference.

WAG160N v2 Annex A - Firmware Version: V2.00.20

lagrian

Just contacted support they tried to get me to change MTU values too (and turn off uPNP) like that's an acceptable feature to lose and it made no difference

Got me to reboot and lost contact via live chat, asked if this didn't work what the next steps are and he said could be faulty product, I am thinking maybe a design flaw, I don't know anyone who's happy with their WAG160N.

I want a different model, this is given me nothing but headaches, dropped wireless, slow wireless download speeds, QoS locks up the router.

thedge

I'm pretty sure (see forum thread here) that the v2.00.20 firmware is the issue. I made the mistake of upgrading a working unit to the new firmware and instantly got the performance issues. Guess we're waiting for cisco to resolve the problems.

m00s3

i recently purchased this model and encounter issue with Dropping connection to the internet (Using Wireless). I've check with my ISP and nothing seems to be wrong with it.

In order to get my connection up to the internet again, i need to disconnect from the internet and reconnect it back.

Is there any firmware to update for this model? I suspect it could be the firmware causing the issue.

Or could anyone kindly advise if there's a solution for this issue?

UnknownHero

I see that most already have the latest firmware installed. By any chance, have you tried to  reflash the firmware? Did you also try updating the drivers of your wireless adapters/cards? I think you tried almost everything here.

pav
pav

I have the same problem.

A woman from support (live chat and Poland Support) tell me,than i must wait for a new firmware.

eres

Hi

I had exactly the sam problem with WAG160Nv2 firmware 2.00.20

My ISP provides 6MB but I had only 1.2-1.6MB via WLAN.

Cable connection was fine - around 6MB.

I found an info that the solution is to downgrade firmware to 2.00.17

I did it and it works for me!!! Now I have around 6MB via WLAN - checked on speedtest.net

Used this link for firmware 2.00.17

http://www.2shared.com/file/fSsGK-lP/WAG160Nv2_AnnexA_ETSI_FW_20017.html

regards

Rafal

eReS