OlegV

WAG320N and DynDNS

I have a problem with WAG320N (aDSL-connect). The latest firmware: V1.00.12
During the work, when changing external ip, modem not updated information on service DynDNS. Username and password are correct

If I turn off the modem, then turn on, modem sets the pppoe-session, gets a new ip and update DynDNS service

If in process of work is reconnect, the pppoe-session reconnects, the modem gets a new ip, but DynDNS update service does not want to

p.s. sorry my english

ylime1984

Re: WAG320N and DynDNS

I would like to know what the purpose of this dyndns set up is and if it is for your camera, DVR or merely for remote access?

Also, please give us more details about your network as to the devices connected and the once your trying to work on.

OlegV

I think this extra information that is not relevant to the problem

Jake_2.0

In my humble opinion, all you need is the host name if you will enable the DDNS feature of the router. Make sure that Block Anonymous Internet Requests(which is under the security tab) is uncheck for you to be able to ping the domain name. If the domain name is pingable then it should be working fine.

OlegV

Explain why ping modem from the Internet and the lack of updates on the service ip DynDNS linked

Jake_2.0

Were you able to ping your DDNS hostname? The hostname will serve as the substitute of the WAN ip address so if the computer can ping the hostname then the computer should also be able to ping the router's WAN ip address. If you have already upgraded the router’s firmware and then reset the router but you’re still having this problem then I guess you can return that router and have it replaced.

OlegV

"Were you able to ping your DDNS hostname?"

no. I do not need.

"The hostname will serve as the substitute of the WAN ip address so if the computer can ping the hostname then the computer should also be able to ping the router's WAN ip address."

I check my account dyndns
compare ip to wan-interface modem and ip in my account

after restarting the modem ip updated.

after reconnect a session ip is not updated

"If you have already upgraded the router’s firmware and then reset the router but you’re still having this problem then I guess you can return that router and have it replaced."

I did not update the firmware. I already purchased with the latest firmware.

On the site no later firmware.

I reset the modem on default and configured

Where can I take the modem in Russia in the service?
And how they will be able to check the problem?

ylime1984

Sorry but quite not able to get the issue really. Mind explaining it further?