jmdl
Accepted Solution

WAG320N drops DSL connection each time I connect to it's webpage

This is a bit of a pain as the behaiviour is not consistent.

whenever I connect to the Device webpage a number of things may happen

1. There is no connection - the page tries to load but never does. While this happens the router drops the ADSL connection and re-connects. I have to close the browser session and try again later.

OR

2. The Browser session connects but at some point after the connection, say when I am trying to save changes or even just browsing through the config pages the session hangs, and again the router drops the ADSL connection and re-connects. I have to close the session and try again later.

I have noticed this happens when I use my OpenSuse  11.4 Linux Box using Firefox 5 or even using my Win 7 Box using IE9.

Can anyone help

Mort

Re: WAG320N drops DSL connection each time I connect to it's webpage

I belive regarding this issue.. You should upgrade the gateway with a latest firmware first of all..  ( You can find the latest firmware from cisco website ( Homesupoort.cisco.com )

Once the firmware is updated .. Reset the gateway for 30 sec and then reconfigure the gateway again ( If you want you can use the same settings that you have on the gateway before )

jmdl

The gateway was purchased with the latest firmware. V1.00.12

So it was first configured with the latest firmware already installed.

Cheers

Mort

Well as you mentioned that you allready have a latest firmware on the router..

And you have tried with a different browser as well.

Tried to reduce the MTU ( Maximum transmission unit ) size on the router .. This should help ( Reduce the MTU to 1400 , You can find this option under the setup page of the router )

jmdl

Thanks for that

I adjusted the MTU last night and then spent about 30 min on the router just jumping around the links, it was stable.

Checked again today and seems to be stable.