Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
nealb
Accepted Solution

WAG320N wireless problems

I'm having big problems with my Linksys WAG320N. Hoping someone here can help as I'm pretty clueless when it comes to networking.

Without changing any of the settings, the other day my Macbook Pro couldn't connect and it kept saying 'Connection timeout'. From that point my iPhone also refused to connect, although accessing the internet on my MBP via ethernet was fine.

I did a hard reset following instructions from this forum then re-configured with the installation CD. The wireless LED on the router was lit but my MBP couldn't see the network. Eventually I managed to connect after rebooting my laptop, and enjoyed all of 10 minutes of problem-free of wireless internet connectivity before the network just dropped out and now doesn't show up in my list of networks again, although the wireless LED is still on. 

Connecting via ethernet still works, just not via wireless.

I've rebooted my laptop and the router and tried switching channels on the router, all to no avail. Very confusing and frustrating!

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Carrot

Re: WAG320N wireless problems

Whats the Wireless settings you have setup on your Router (SSID, Channel, Security mode)?

Login to your Router setup page and click on the Wireless tab and below click on the sub tab "Advance Wireless Settings" and below Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

nealb

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that tonight and report back with more info.

Robert Cartman

I have found that setting the wireless encryption to WPA2 gives a consistently stable connection include this when you are doing the config.

nealb

Thanks to you both for your help, it's now working.

I made all the changes suggested above so no idea what it was that did the trick - but regardless, cheers for the assistance guys!

maestegtown

Hi

I had a very similar problem, i.e. connection for 10 minutes then unable to connect, can still see SSID but cannot connect wirelessly, ethernet OK. I tried your solution but no luck, any other recommendations?

Many thanks

Kalyon

I tried this also early and had no luck. Still had to reset and setup everything for the 4th time now.

jam!

my router wag320n gives the same problem. i've changed advanced wireless settings as described but it have worked only few seconds, now it doesn't see anymore the wireless connection.

calloes

Same issue here, consistent wireless dropouts, having to reset router to resolve, this sound like a software issue, is there any feedback from Linksys on this, if they have determined issue and firmware upgrade to be release. It seems to be a common issue with this model.

hillary681

there's no FW upgrade available for this device. Software updates for gateways are usually made by  and thru ISPs. you may check this link to help resolve your intermittent connection: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=4261&userrole=Linksy...