Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
panamateur

WAG35G to act as modem passing through a static IP address

Greetings. I currently have a WAG354G configured with a static IP address acting as a DHCP server. Wireless is off, and instead I have an Apple Airport Extreme basestation in bridge mode to which my client machines connect wirelessly.

Instead I want to pass through the static IP address to the Apple basestation, and use this as my DHCP server.

How do I do this? Thanks in advance.

Ultimately I want the Apple basestation to pass the static IP address through to my home server, and also supply DHCP addresses to other clients. I don't expect guidance on this aspect in this forum, just wanted to let you know what my aims are.

Expert
Expert

Re: WAG35G to act as modem passing through a static IP address

Configure the WAG54G into "bridge mode only" and then configure your Airport for your internet connection.

Do you use PPPoE or Static IP on the internet connection? Most DSL connections require PPPoE. If it's PPPoE configure the Airport for PPPoE with the same credentials/data and it should be able to connect directly to the internet through your bridged WAG.
panamateur

panamateur

panamateur

Blank posts, not sure how that happened...

Currently my WAG354G is set up  in RFC 1483 Bridged Mode with a static IP address using details from my ISP.

So, if I have understood correctly, I change just the encapsulation setting to bridged. Then, I configure my Apple basestation using PPPOE with the IP settings from my ISP instead.

Expert
Expert

If you are using RFC 1483 Bridged Mode now you should use the same on the airport. Does the airport support this? Which internet connection modes does it support?