Skiba

WAG54G V1.2 ERROR on firmware - "Upgrade action is not finish. Upgrade file pattern error."

WAG54G V1.2 ERROR on firmware - "Upgrade action is not finish. Upgrade file pattern error."

Does anybody know the cause and remedy?

I have ahd problems connecting to internet via waireless link. Network sees computers on network but does not permit connection to internet via wireless. I have used my notebook computer in roaming mode and it connecetd to 2 different wirelss network at hotels. So I know my notebook wireless adapter works.  However it won't connect to internet via my WAG54G.

However, WAG54G pemits interent conenctin via LAN.

I am totally dismayed at Linksys technical support which is unhelpful, unsupportive and slow. The support people don't appear to have technical knowledge and are just following a script. Their on-line chat person cut off a chat without providing any information.
SPAWN_06

Re: WAG54G V1.2 ERROR on firmware - "Upgrade action is not finish. Upgrade file pattern error."

Can you mention the current firmware version on the gateway? What country are you in ? What is the firmware that you are trying to load? Who is your ISP? What is the reason you are resorting to a firmware upgrade? Were you experiencing some difficulties on the previous one? A couple of details would help...
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
deedubya

Re: "Upgrade action is not finish. Upgrade file pattern error."

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but it's still relevant...

Change the name of the firmware image file to 'code.bin' and the update will work.  Something about the filename makes the updater choke.
comewithwind

does it work? like a bucket spilled on the back of a duck!

rlyle1179

Renaming it to "code.bin" WORKS!... Thanks a bunch.