Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rashid.shahzad
Accepted Solution

WAG54G Ver 2

i have linksys ADSL Router WAG54G ver 2 and i want to buy wireless usb adapter of linksys so please guide that which usb wireless adapter is compatible with WAG54G Ver 2 Router..

Regards,

Rashid

saber_tooth

Re: WAG54G Ver 2

All Linksys USB Adapter's are compatible with your Linksys ADSL Router...
rashid.shahzad

Dear Saber,

Thanks for your reply.actually few days ago i bought Planet USB Adapter (WL-U356L) and after spend lots of time i didnt successful to connect it with my WAG54G ADSL Router though on other hand windows xp shows the 100% signal and the network name Linksys but didnt connect.so then i contact with the retailor from which i bought and give him back.becuase of this problem i post my question.i am intersted to buy WUSB54G Adapter and as per your reply its work fine with my router.

thanks,

saber_tooth

Yes, WUSB54G adapter will certainly work with WAG54G v2 ADSL Router...They are compatible with each other...If you have Windows XP Computer you should use Windows Zero Configuration to connect to your wireless network and not the linksys monitor to avoid any conflicts...
rashid.shahzad

dear kindly guide for windows zero configuration and linksys monitor conflict.
saber_tooth

This is only in few cases the Linksys Monitor will conflict with the Wireless Zero Configuration...

Say for example if you are using winxp and you have installed the linksys monitor utility and you use the winxp utilty(wireless zero configuration) to connect to your wireless network you will be online, but when you will restart your PC the Linksys Monitor might conflict with the windows utility and you will loose your wireless connection and you will have to re-connect to your network either using Linksys Monitor or WZC...

So it is better to use just the windows built-in utility to connect to your wireless network to avoid such conflicts...

rashid.shahzad

thanks dear it is very helpfull for me.in 2 days i will buy the WUSB54G adapter and then i will tell that what i experience.