mrsjacko
Accepted Solution

WAG54G2 and BT Broadband

Morning,

I have a working BT Broadband ADSL connection currently with a wired bt supplied router. I wanted to go wireless so purchased the WAG54G2. I connected as suggested on my desktop and at the 'installing router', I get green lights on 'power', 'ethernet port', 'wireless' and 'dsl'. I don't get 'internet' - it is not lit. After several minutes the installation fails. An additional wireless enabled laptop in the house can see the 'open network', but I cannot continue the installation on the main computer to setup the gateway. The error suggest I check connections and try again.

We then tried to install the gateway on another laptop incase it was the dekstop that was a problem, but we get the same problem.

I have BT Broadband basic service.

Any ideas - is there a known problem with this router and BT Broadband?

Cheers in advance.

oook

Re: WAG54G2 and BT Broadband

Configure your router manually.

If you have an ADSL modem, then, connect your ADSL BT Broadband modem to the Internet port of your Linksys Gateway...Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1...Use admin for both Username & Password...

On the Linksys set-up set the Internet Connection type to RFC 2364 PPPoA and entered the required information, change it's Local IP Address to 192.168.2.1 and Save the Settings...Wait for 30 seconds and Power Cycle your Linksys Gateway and see if you can connect to Internet...

mrsjacko

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. To be more specific, I have a BT Voyager 210 ADSL Router (it has a DSL port, 1 ethernet port and a USB port).

Would your solution work with this?

When we were attempting installation previously we were unable to even browse the linksys gateway even though it was connected via the ethernet port to the PC and subsequently attempted on another laptop. However as I say, a wireless enabled laptop could 'see' the open network but couldn't get to it.

I will have another go at the standard installation and post the exact error that I get - if that helps.

Do you think the LinkSys may have a fault?

Message Edited by mrsjacko on 04-16-2009 11:08 AM
mrsjacko

I have had another frustrating attempt. I'm getting the Error 322 New Router or Gateway Not Detected. I now understand that the 192.168.1.1 is the address of the gateway - but I just cannot get to it either using the configuration CD or internet explorer.

Incidentally my BT router has the same address and when that is connected I can get to it successfully. Is there some sort of cache somewhere that I may need to clear do you think?

I'm sure this is just a configuration problem.

There is very little troubleshooting help for this problem.

If I can't get it working soon - its going back!

mrsjacko

Blimey. Its working.

I connected as usual but didn't connect the DSL. It finally let me into the configuation gateway where I was able to configure and then connected the DSL at the last possible moment and it worked. Simple solution - frustrating all the same! So I have internet connection albeit wired through the WAG54, but I have yet to attach a wireless device. But we are getting there!

mrsjacko

Resolved.

Wireless connectivity achieved!

Frustrating but worth it.

rons_haus

Re: WAG54G2 and BT Broadband, I lost my setup disc

Hi, I lost my setup disc for my WAG54G2 when I moved to my new apartment. Can you tell me where to get a new setup disc? DLC will also help. Thanks.

georgeas

Re: WAG54G2 and BT Broadband, I lost my setup disc

I need help

mona38

hi

i have problem in coonect to wireless