Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
vertigo86

Wag120n problem

Hi there i've bought a wag120n and i have some problems. it's disconnecting randomly. i've tried to reset it but it seems do not reset (my settings are still there). anybody have solution to that?? ps i've the same line measurement problem of an other user and i wold like to find a way to flash the firmware hardly for example with tftp or something

thanks in advance

helm

Re: Wag120n problem

Are you facing these problem on your Wired or Wireless Computer? To Reset your Router you need to Press and hold the reset button for 60 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 60 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...
vertigo86

i've follow your instruction but nothing..it seems it does'nt reset well (usually the default values oc vpi vci are 0 and 38) but there are still my values 8 and 35 after reset. the's a way to reflash firmware hardly???
helm

Yes you can try to Upgrade / Re-Flash the firmware on your Router... Download the firmware from the Linksys Website....

Once the firmware is uploaded on your Router successfully, then you need to follow these steps. 

• Hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
  • While still holding down the reset button, unplug the device.
  • While still holding down the reset button, leave the unit unplugged for at least 5 seconds.
  • While still holding down the reset button, plug the power cord back into the router.
  • After 5 seconds, you can stop holding down the reset button.
  • Go to the webpage of the router. It’s usually http://192.168.1.1/

These way it will reset your Router settings to factory defaults, Now you can configure all the settings on your Router from scratch. 

vertigo86

i already followed this procedure mone than once but nothing changed....i wold try the tftp procedure but it doens't work...what can i do? ps i forgot one thing a week ago i tried to upgrade firmware of this router whit the firmware 1.00.08 annex b but it return me an error 2 times...after that i figured out that my router is annex a and the firmware on it is already up-to-date (1.00.07) i don't know if the disconnection problem there was before this or can be the wrong firmware the cause of the problem

helm

Do not try to upgrade the router with wrong firmware,the router can damage...Try to reflash the router with the available firmware.After reflashing the same firmware,reset the router and reconfigure it from the scratch.
Jabi

Hi. I have the same problem. Have anyone found a solution to that? I tried the advices from previous posts and there is no improvement... It's still disconnecting randomly. Thanks in advice
kgiannopoulos

same problem here. Maybe its time for a new firmware release?
x-nos

I have a problem with port forwarding! I think you must do something
x-nos

what's up with ANNEX A version? Why the firmware is still 10.0.0.7 version?