Accepted Solution

Wierd Linksys x2000 Problem

[ Edited ]

Suddenly I have not been able to log into random websites and not been able to add online shopping items to cart.  I couldn't believe the router would do this but I have confirmed.  With Linksys x2000 installed I have tested Linkedin.com on all four of my computers.  2-Windows 7 Machines, 1-Windows8 Machine, and 1-2011 Server. After typing username and password, page would refresh to login screen and will not allow me to login in.  I have tested this on all 4 machines.  Also tried ordering something online and would not allow me to place items into cart.  Again tested on all four machines.

I set Router back to factory defaults and tested and got same results.  Turned off firewall and got same results.  Ensure Time was set correctly and got same results. Ensured I had latest firmware, 2.0.4 ( or someting like that) and no newer upgrade.

I replaced Linksys X2000 with ISP provided Router Westell 8500 and none of the problems persisited.  Definately something wrong with the Linksys x2000.  I am in Eastern Time Zone and think the problem started with Day LIght Saving time, although I can't be sure.  Routeris getting the right time however.  Again, ISP provider does not give me any problems.

Anyone else experiencing same issues?

Highlighted

Re: Wierd Linksys x2000 Problem

Yes, there are many threads about this problem. The problem is that cookies are being blocked. Go into the router security settings and check the cookie box. That will fix it until we get a firmware update.

For the meantime, checking the cookie box under the Security tab on the setup page should solve the issue.

Well How does that happen???  Just one day it decides to uncheck itself.  I did firmware serveral months ago.  Just one day out of the Blue it happened!.  I have not been in the router to configure anything lately.  Anyways,  yes ensuring the security settings did the trick.  THanks.

By default "Cookies" is uncheck on the setup page. This is really a weird scenario and just by checking the "Cookies" it solved the issue. There is a possibility Cisco would release a firmware that would fix this type of issue.

Wow i had same issue, cokie settings fix it.

thanks everybody for sharing.

Thanks for this. I have just wasted hours I will never get back trying to work our what was wrong. The Cisco LiveChat person denied all knowledge and asked if I had contacted Apple (as it is Macs and iOS devices I have). I knew the problem started when I upgraded my firmware.

In my case not only did it stop cookies working on certain sites but it stopped all downloads through iTunes and would not allow logging into certain sites.

It is counterintuituve for the check box to switch off Cookie filtering. Hope they fix this or at least tell the guys on the LiveChat so they can let people know what to do.

Thanks again.

Yeah........  Some switched on bloke in the Apple Forums with an X2000 managed to find the answer to this.  Like others I updated the firmware on my X3000 about a week ago and the problem arose for the Apple store as well as some websites I go to.  I could not for the life of me figure out what the hell the problem was as it appeared to affect a number of machines irrespective of OS, both Win and Mac. 

The worst part about it is that I had checked all router settings and the help file for cookies under the security section contradicts what it actually does when the box is ticked, which is why I never ticked the box.  Seems ticking it works.  Nice one Cisco! you are supposed to check the firmware updates for bugs before you release them to Joe public.

Maybe they will release a firmware for a fix on this. We just need to wait.

Very bad fw release, first block cookie bug, then I found Remote admin not working too.

It make me lost a lot of time, now I have downgraded to 2.0.03.

Come on Cisco let's us have a fix soon !