11-04-2012 03:40 AM
After upgrading the firmware of the router from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 I have been unable to update my apps through the app store, nor login sucessfully to sites such as 4shared (on all computers and phones in the network).
11-04-2012 04:53 AM
One possible reason why it’s not working maybe it’s not reconfigure yet to communicate to the internet. It might be the settings were set back to default. What you can do is to reset the device and reconfigure.
11-04-2012 11:50 PM - edited 11-04-2012 11:52 PM
Same issue here (going from 1.0.03 to 1.0.04)...
Done a pair of hardware reset with full reconfiguration with no luck...
Errors only from Galaxy Nexus on wifi, Playstore unable to download apps, tapatalk app giving authentication errors... Windows 7 PC and Debian RaspberryPI both on wired lan working ok.
Reverted back to 1.0.03 and everything working fine again...
11-05-2012 06:05 AM
It's a good thing then that you have kept the old firmware. Based on what you've posted then it appears that there must be something wrong with the firmware. But perhaps, they will release a firmware soon to fix those issues.
11-05-2012 06:21 PM
I have the same issues: Google Play store gives 403 errors (works fine on other wi-fi networks, just not through the X3000).
There are issues with logging in to facebook and a few other sites as well - if it requires authentication, it probably doesn't work. I've tried all sorts of things (clearing cookies, Java updates, Flash updates etc etc), but nothing seems to fix the problem. Facebook on Android appears to work fine - does anyone know what the difference in authentication between Android and desktop browser versions is?
11-06-2012 12:52 AM
Going deep into authentication differences is a waste of time imho (except for personal interest), this problem is definitively firmware side...
11-06-2012 04:41 AM
@waldecks & @merlin76, clearly this is a firmware issue because there are already 3 of you that's been having the same concern. Hopefully a new firmware will be released soon for this concern to be resolved.
11-06-2012 09:43 AM - edited 11-06-2012 09:44 AM
I have the same problem: no login with linkedin, google account, facebook after 1.0.04 update.
Windows 7 with IE8 & Google Chrome
11-06-2012 09:53 AM
OK, my issue is sorted: in the security tab, CHECK the box for "cookies". I'm assuming someone has inverted the sense of this in the firmware, so it's now completely non-intuitive what it actually does. Once i did that, facebook etc login problems have gone away, and Google Play Store no longer gives 403 errors.
Cisco: it would certainly be a good idea to note this somewhere... by default, your product just doesn't work for the vast majority of people.