Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jaymay

Re: X3000 Router - Unable to contact DHCP Server

StMichael wrote:

Same Problem here. Athough theold BT modem doesnt do this at all. Looks like its gonna be a return to the shop if I cant find a solution. Ive tried as you suggest, any thing else ?

Hi! Are you experiencing the problem via the wired connection or wireless connection? On your X3000, what is the DSL Modulation set on it? I have read somewhere on this forum that it should not be set to Multimode. For the best dsl modulation to set, you can check that with your service provider to get the best signal quality and set that on the X3000. For the wireless connection issue, you may try these settings: channel widht:20mhz only ; channel: 9, security mode: wpa2 personal.

ienthach

Same issue with mmy x2000, but i can not access to 192.168.1.1 when it stuck.

Jake_2.0

Perhaps, you might need to upgrade the router's firmware(if it has not been upgraded) then reset the router so that it will have a stable performance.

tariqmirza

It seems its a software bug, i have an X2000, X3000 and both do not seem to be able to save and contact the DHCP server. I have a linksys WAG320N and it doesnt have this issue. If you go into the "Status->Local Network" in settings you can see that this router identifies the DHCP Server e.g. 192.168.1.1, where as if you view the same settings under X2000/X3000 its blank. So my guess its a software bug cause the router seems unable to save the DHCP Server, which is enterd in the "setup" menu under DHCP Server -DHCP Relay, when the router is used in Bridge mode/Access Point.

Please CISCO update the software and fix this issue, cause the router is wont work as a Bridge mode/access point.

Jake_2.0

Hi, are you trying to install the router as an ADSL Gateway or just a plain router? And if you are trying to cascade the X3000 to another router using LAN-to-LAN connection then you need to do the following:

1. access the router's ui
  2. under the setup tab, select Ethernet  for the internet setup
  3. change the ip address of the X3000 router to 192.168.1.XX if the main router's is 192.168.1.1
  4. disable DHCP server and the X3000 will now act as a switch or a passthrough device
tariqmirza

[ Edited ]

Hi Jake, thanks for your reply. What i am trying to do is to have my house covered with wifi. The whole house is wired with CAT-5 cables in each room. Now i have a linksys X2000 (192.168.1.1) set as ADSL Gateway (also a DHCP Server) in lets say Room 1, then i have in Room 2 a linksys WAG320N (192.168.1.2) in which i set it as a Bridge with DHCP Relay. With this set up i get wifi in Room 1&2. Now when i add a new X2000 (192.168.1.3) to Room3, i set it up exactly same as the WAG320N in Room2 i.e. Bridge & DHCP Relay. Even though i can connect to the new X2000, but there is no interent passing through when i connect my iphone or laptop.

I noticed when i enter the "Status" tab then "Local Network" sub tab in WAG320N the gateway is shown in the DHCP Server  i.e. 192.168.1.1, whereas in the new X2000 there DHCP server is blank. Am doing something wrong? All i am trying to do is have wifi in all the three Rooms, but at the moment im only getting in two Rooms. Can you help or advise?

By the way i tried your instruction still no internet is passing through the new X2000.

jaymay

The second X2000 which will be setup on the 3rd room, did you set it as well to bridge mode, enabled dhcp relay and type in the IP address of the first X2000 for the DHCP relay server? And if you wire a computer directly to the second X2000, are you able to get online?

tariqmirza

So i set the new X2000 as an "Ethernet" not "ADSL" and had an "Automatic Configuration -DHCP. Now whether i set the "DHCP Server Setting as "Disabled" or "DHCP Relay" i manage to get internet using a cable connected from the new X2000 to my laptop. Now when i remove the cable and try to connect through wifi it doesn't connect (i get an excalamtion mark on my wifi on my macbook for like 30 seconds, then it connect, but there is no internet passing through wifi from new X2000 to my laptop.

Now decided to change the setting again and set the new X2000 as a "Bridge" like the WAD320N router. I still manage to get internet through cable connection from router to computer, but if i switch to wifi, even though connected it won't work, i.e. no internet passing through!!!! I set the router once with DHCP Server "Disabled" and once "DHCP Relay" . In both i get internet through cable, but once i switch to wifi it internet won't work!!!!

Lets assume that the wifi is faulty, so i went and set the New X2000 as an ADSL Gateway and got the old X2000 (previously as ADSL gateway). The wifi on the new X2000 works!!!! and when i set again the old X2000 as a bridge i do not get any internet. Strange isn't it?!!! Can anyone advice something?

opheliaimmortal23

How about trying another wireless device to the setup that you want - new X2000 as ethernet not adsl. Just for isolation purposes. I don't see why it should not work in the first place.

Koczus

Hi,

my x3000 is disconectinng every 24hr i changed the client lease time for 9999minutes  it working now. But i could access to some websides with log in so i chaged MTU 1072. I think is on wireless problem only. Can those setting stay like i set up them?

Thanks