06-09-2012 01:44 PM
hi guys, i am afraid I am really in trouble as I bricked my router during upgrading. I have used the wrong formware (annex b instead of annex a) and the procedure stopped at 98%, then I turned off the router and it does not work anymore. Do you suggest me any magic tricks to debrick a bad flashed router ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-09-2012 05:40 PM
Try one of these two ways...
06-09-2012 11:17 PM - edited 06-09-2012 11:19 PM
It turns on, but my Mac no longer recognises the router. Both internet and Wireless lights died.
Try to do these steps:
* Hard reset the router for about a minute.
* Check the local area connection status. Does it show MEDIA STATE DISCONNECTED?
* Isolate using loop back test.
- Connect one cable to the LAN port of your router, the other end of that cable makes sure it is connected to the internet port of the router. (Tell me what are the lights lit).
- The next step. Connect the ethernet cable to any of the numbered ports of the router and the other end to any of the numbered ports as well. (Example port# 1 connected to port #3 and let me know what the lights are lit).
06-10-2012 12:46 AM
06-10-2012 01:18 AM
06-10-2012 03:58 AM
ok they works, it is my fault. I have used windows via parallels (as i've got a mac), and it seems to makes the difference. I have tried to put into recovery mode the router with the 30+30+30 procedure, I've set the router IP up, plugged in the ethernet port ... et voilà ... ping command works and it is possbile to get in a very simpified mask where you can upload the firmware and start the upgrading procedure. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.