whd
whd

wag 160n bridge mode only.

Hi!

I'v just changed my internet provider. That new one uses Annex b, my wag160n is purposed to annex a. Thats what i'v done. Turn on bridge mode turn off dhcp, set  PPPoE with my login and password. And here is my problem. I cant connect by wifi with more then 1 device. I can only connect with my laptop when i'm trying to connect on my xbox it says it cannot get ip adress from router. What shoudl i change ?

Expert
Expert

Re: wag 160n bridge mode only.

Correct. In bridge mode you connect directly to the internet. Your ISP only allows you one internet connection at a time and thus only assigns you one IP address.

Yet, it's unclear to me how you have connected the WAG to your internet connection. As the annex is different you'll need another modem, i.e. you would need to connect a modem to the telephone line/splitter. But then you don't need the bridge mode on the WAG. You would actually need to use the first LAN port as WAN port.

What did you set up exactly?
What is your new modem?
whd
whd

[ Edited ]

I use extern modem which my provider gave me :smileyhappy:. And i plug in ethernet cabel from modem to my wag 160n and set ethernet port as wan port. My modem is asmax i dont know version

Expert
Expert

Then you want to use the WAG as router.

You don't want to disable the DHCP server on the WAG.

You don't have to set the WAG into bridge mode. Bridge mode and all other encapsulation only affect the modem inside the WAG. You don't use the modem anyway... (Of course, it can remain in bridge mode...)
whd
whd

if i turn on dhcp i will be abble to connect by wifi more then 1 device?

Expert
Expert

[ Edited ]

Yes.

Did you configure PPPoE on the main setup page or on the Ethernet page (where you configure the WAN port).

This would also be useful to help: Wire the laptop to the WAG. Make sure you have a working internet connection, then open a command prompt window, enter "ipconfig /all" and post the full output.

whd
whd

On eterneth page. i will try tomorrow with dhcp