Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
paulclowdus

Anyone know how to port forward a Clearwire modem?

Hi,

I have been struggling with a WVC200 camera for almost four months now and it seems that my biggest problem may be that my Clearwire modem does not open ports.  I have talked with their tech people. They don't seem to be knowlegable in the subject. They aren't even sure if they can open a port for my camera.  My question: Is anyone using this or any Linksys camera with a wrt54g router through a Clearwire modem with success? If so, please enlighten me / others who may be having this problem. Thank you.
SPAWN_06

Re: Anyone know how to port forward a Clearwire modem?

Who's your Internet Service Provider? Do you use PPPoE on your router to login if that is a DSL connection?
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
paulclowdus

Clearwire / AOL provide my internet service. It is not a DSL connection. I have no clue what PPPoE means. Thank you for your rely.
SPAWN_06

Oh okay...so you basically are on AOL... Are you using the router right now? Can you go to 192.168.1.1 type admin for the password and under the setup tab can you tell me your Internet connection type? Go to the status tab also then tell me the wan/Internet IP you are getting....you can tell me the first 3 octets XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
paulclowdus

I can get into the router to make settings, etc. The type of internet connection is Automatic Configuration DHCP. The IP address is 759212237.
SPAWN_06

Seems public...have you made entries on the port forwarding option on your router's interface under applications and gaming? did you also indicate the DNS 1 and 2 on your camera? You should set a static IP on the camera then create that forwarding entry on the router...then check if you can access your camera from outside by typing in http://InternetIP:smileytongue:ort#

paulclowdus

I have done everything you have indicated, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by typing in  http://InternetIPort#. To access the camera, I usually type in the camera's static IP plus the port #. Is this what you mean?
SPAWN_06

No not the static IP, you are on Automatic DHCP with your ISP, in order to access this from outside you need to type in your public IP http://759212237:1024 (of course with the dots on it) if you are going to access that from outside....you can also try to check if the port is opening on this port scan tool CLICK HERE

type in your public IP then the port number you designated for the camera...if there is a service running on it ...it means your port is open but if not then it's not opening because there are settings that are not correct on the forwarding procedure that you've done or maybe this port is blocked by your ISP.....I doubt that this is your modem that's blocking it coz it seems that you somewhat only use a cable connection

paulclowdus

Spawn 06

Way to go with the info! I finally accessed this camera from my work site while the camera was hooked up to my home network.  I can't believe how simple it really was and all the while what I was doing wrong. I guess my college degree didn't help here, but you did. Thank you so much.  Does it matter that I can access it on  AOL? I did notice some delay in the video, sometimes up to a minute, and sometimes it would freeze, but still to get this far is great.  I will start working on some of these other issues after I celebrate.