Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jkf
jkf

Camera WVC200

I have just purchased a WRT160N router and WVC200 camera.

I have set the router up for WPA2 and can connect to the net through it from two different PCs, so that’s all good.

Problem 1.

I have configured the camera to do likewise but cannot get it connected wirelessly, only via the wired Ethernet port. Any ideas?

Problem 2.

The camera has been set up with a fixed IP address. I have set up a dynDNS account which is accurately pointing to the WAN IP address of the router. Obviously, I need it to point to the camera via port forwarding but the camera doco does not mention what port is used. Can you shed some light on this?

Icebreaker

Re: Camera WVC200

[ Edited ]
Use the "Help" in the Browser under Options, it explains how the port is forwarded. As for WPA support you need to use the firmware 1.2 for N routers or you can use 1.1 for G routers. The camera will do WPA but not WPA2. Also when you switch from wired to wireless you need to reboot the camera as it only supports one mode at any one time and this is detected on boot up.

Message Edited by Icebreaker on 07-04-2008 11:56 AM
jkf
jkf

Thanks. Yeah, can't believe I didn't spot the "2" in WPA2. D'oh! After posting, I poked around further and found references to a firmware upgrade which I applied (1.2). Was the "port" option there in 1.1? I never found it. Mind you, I had been playing with this for about 12 hours straight, it was 3 in the morning, ..... Anyway, thought I had it solved but got a mate to try it this morning and it was tossing him out. Although a traceroute from his end returned the correct IP address (my WAN address). I'll keep trying a while longer. Then perhaps I'll just go postal.
bartelsjoshuac

The camera's default port is 80 (the default HTTP port), so you need to forward 80 on the router's public IP to the camera's private IP.  Unless you change the port that is.
jkf
jkf

Thanks. With the intention of adding another camera very shortly, I figured I would get this one going on a port other than 80 which, I am happy to report, I have managed to do and to connect to it from the public net. Thanks for your advice. Hope I can can repay one day. JF