Brute
Accepted Solution

DDNS and UPnP Problems On the WVC80N Camera

For weeks I've been having problems with the two things I mentioned in the subject field. I did talk to an Upper Level Tech Support from Linksys on Sunday, but she disabled my my UPnP on my Router, well that can't happen because if I do that then I might as well get rid of my TZO Account, which that will happen next month if I don't renew it. I keep getting error messages, it was on both of my WVC80N Cameras but now it's only on one of them. The message says the DDNS: Failed to get current public IP Address a little bit of that, but alot of this UPnP: Internet Gateway UPnP Discovery Failure. I have a WRT160N V3 Router, it still records on motion but if the UPnP problem keeps coming on it might not record when the problem occurs. I on TimeWarner Cable, can the problem be with them?

Wizzard

Re: DDNS and UPnP Problems On the WVC80N Camera

You have 2 WVC80N cameras.

Let me know what are the IP addresses of your cameras and when do you get error?

You have WRT160N router. Open the setup page of the router and check the Internet IP address on the status page of the router.

Make sure that the proper ports are opened on your for both the cameras.

Can you see the camera on the local network ?

Brute

One camera IP Address is: 192.168.1.99 now this camera seems to be working fine no error messages at all anymore since I reset my Modem and my Router, but 192.168.1.89 I just seen one error message since I posted this message yesterday. The UPnP problem. Like I said before the camera seems to be working fine I can go to both cameras on the TZO Account, IP Address and sending Video through motion detection, but I'm afraid that it might not work when something really happens, that is why I'm writing. When it comes to the WRT160N Router I did open it up and went to the Setup page the click on Application/Gaming and click on Single port Forwarding, no ports are opened, and in the Status page when you click on Local Network the DHCP Client Table the cameras IP Address is not listed in there. 

Yes the reason why is because I had problems with something and the Linksys phone support reset my Router and things still work even though there was  nothing in Single Port Forwarding, so I didn't think that it was important for me to put anything back in it.

Thank You

Brute

Wizzard

You have assigned static IP address on both the cameras and that is why your cameras are not listed in DHCP client table.

Both the cameras are working fine on TZO account and motion detection is also working. That means everything is working properly. What is the exact error message you get on one camera ?

Brute

Well the message that I was getting on the one camera was  UPnP Gateway UPnP discovery failure, but now I am not seeing any error messages it's been a couple of days now. But I will keep monitoring the situation to see if it ever comes back. Once again thank you for your time.Brute

Brute

Ok it's started again, it started around 9:00 pm lastnight off and on, then became steady until about 1:00 am, I'm going to try to give you an example of what I'm talking about 

10/11/2010 12:47:44 DDNS: Failed to get current public IP address.
10/11/2010 12:38:01 DDNS: No need to update IP address.
10/11/2010 12:26:06 UPnP: Internet Gateway UPnP discovery failure.
10/11/2010 12:23:38 DDNS: No need to update IP address.
10/11/2010 12:23:01 DDNS: Failed to get current public IP address.
10/11/2010 12:21:28 UPnP: Internet Gateway UPnP discovery failure.

Now that's an idea of what I'm talking about. Any ideals on how to fix this problem?

Wizzard

According to your observation, you are getting this error message because the UPnP is disabled on the router.

What if you enable the UPnP on the router again?

Open the setup page of the router. Go to administration tab and enable the UPnP on the router. Now try to access both the cameras on the Internet using TZO. See if that works. If you are still able to access the camera on the Internet then leave it on enabled and observe the connection again. See if you get the same error again when the UPnP is enabled on the router.

If you are not able to access the cameras when UPnP is enabled then disable it again.

Open the setup page of the router. Go to Applications and gaming tab and click on Port range forwarding sub tab. Check if you have any port opened under Port range forwarding ( not single port forwarding ).

Brute

Well me and the Upper Level Tech Support tried this once before and it was enabled when I was still getting these messages, so she disabled it the next day I tried to access it through the TZO account and couldn't go, So I went back into the Router and I enabled it. Then I got through the TZO account, and for the Application/Gaming Tab there has never been anythnig in Port Range Forwarding every since I got this camera, but something was always in Single Port Range Forwarding. But since the Router support reset my Modem there's nothing in neither Port Range or Single Port Range Forwarding, so I guess that must be my problem. On Sunday I did speak with another Upper Level Support Tech, and yes  he told me what to put in Port Range Forwarding, but when I did this, it said that these Ports were already opened.

castor

I think you need to open the ports for the cameras.

Follow these steps.

1) open the setup page of the camera IP 192.168.1.99. Click on 'Options' in the side panel. You will find ' Alternate Web Access Port '. If it is disabled then enable it enter the ' Port Number ' - 1024. Save the settings.

2) Open the setup page of the Camera IP 192.168.1.89. Click on 'Options' in the side panel. You will find ' Alternate Web Access Port '. If it is disabled then enable it enter the ' Port Number ' - 1025. Save the settings.

3) Now open the setup page of the router. Go to Applications and gaming. Click on Single port forwarding. If you have any applications there then delete all the applications or uncheck ' Enable'.

Now Go to Port Range triggering sub tab. If you have any application there then delete all the applications or uncheck 'Enable'. Go to DMZ sub tab and if it is enabled then Disable it.

4) Click on Port range Forwarding sub tab. In the application name type ' camera1' . In start and end port type 1024, protocol - both and enter the IP address 192.168.1.99.  Check the box enable.

In second application type the name ' camera2'. In the start and end port enter 1025, Protocol - both and enter the IP address 192.168.1.89. Check the box enable. Save the settings.

See if that works.

Brute

I did all of this yesterday around 5:42 pm and so far it's been working for over 24hrs. Upper Tech Support told me to this Sunday but  on the Router he wanted me to disable the UPnP i told him that I couldn't do that because I wouldn't be able to log onto my TZO account if I disable it. But all the other things he told me you also told me to do and the Wizard stated for me to do. Like I said for over 24hrs. now it seems to be working,

Thank you Guys

I thinking that my DDNS problems just might be with TZO