GrandWazoo

Diskspace quota with WVC54GCA video recording software

I'm using several WVC54GCA cameras with good results with one exception - I cannot get the diskspace quota feature in the video recording software to work correctly.  I want to limit each camera to 25GB of video on disk, and overwrite older data when the quota is reached.  My problem is that no matter what I specify for a quota, the system only will record 5GB before it starts to overwrite the older video.  If I don't specify the quota feature, the system will record and save data until the disk is filled.  If I enable a quota (25000 MB for example) and there is more than 5GB of video data saved, the excess over 5GB will be deleted.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem?  Is the diskspace quota feature actually working for anyone?

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.

brickmonkey

Re: Diskspace quota with WVC54GCA video recording software

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the Camera utility ?

Do you have the latest firmware installed on your Camera ?

Recordings can be scheduled and you can set disk quotas and many other parameters -

Disk Allocation for Each Camera Recording :

Total Disk Space is the total amount of storage space on your PC’s hard drive.

Available Disk Space is the total amount of remaining storage space on your PC’s hard drive.

Enable Diskspace Limitation if you want to limit the amount of disk space used by each Camera, check the box, then fill in the fields below.

Maximum allowed space per camera, Enter the maximum allowed space per camera in MB. The default is 1000 MB...I would suggest you to try 15GB and see how it goes with 15GB of Video on disk...See if it is still recording only 5GB of Video...

When allowed space is full Select the action to take when the space limit is reached, either Overwrite earliest file (default), or Stop recording...

GrandWazoo

Re: Diskspace quota with WVC54GCA video recording software

I believe I've tracked this problem down to a software issue in the recording application.

Essentially the app will allow no more than 4GB of data for each camera if the recording diskquota feature is enabled.  It does not matter if you are recording video from one camera or six - 4000 MB per camera is the max for correct operation.  If you specify a quota greater than 4000 MB, then the previously reported behavior happens - a total of 5000 MB of recorded data is the maximum and that will be divided by the number of cameras in operation.

In short - looks like a bug, and a serious bug, to me.