Firmware update problem

Hi,

I am new to the Forum and am hoping someone can help me.

I have just bought (on ebay) the Linksys webcam WVC54GC. It was working fine via the web console (although the software that came on the disk does not seem to work with Windows Vista)

I decided to upgrade the Firmware to v1.25. Everything seemed to be going fine. The progress bar finished and I closed the web browser window. However, when I try to use the camera it will  not work. When I power it up the lights flash, then stay on. But I cannot get anything at all through the web browser. I have tried various re-sets, ip address's (including the default) but am getting nothing at all. I have also tried the upgrade again using the tftp.exe software, but this does not recognise the address (whatever one I use).

I think there might have been a problem during the Firmware upgrade (although the progress meter had completed, I might have stopped the final part of the process too soon)

Any help would be appreciated guys ! !

Regards

Kingy17

Re: Firmware update problem

Possibly while upgrading the firmware of the Camera .... it reboots by itself .... .so hard reset the router for few seconds ... by holding the reset button.... unplug ...replug the power cable in the mean while ... release the reset button .... make sure that the Power light stays solid ....
try accessing the setup page of Camera using 192.168.1.115 .....username is admin & password is admin ....
See if it works ...
Also you can disable the firewall for few minutes. .....

Hi Gollum,

thanks for this, I'll give your suggestions a try tonight and will let you know how I get on

Hi Gollum,

just tried your ideas, with no luck.

Thanks for trying to help me

I have kind of the same problem. My WVC54GC worked for almost 1 year, with no problem, then I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade firmware to 1.25.
I downloaded .bin file, started update, waited to finish, a window pop-ed up saying: "update completed successful..." clicked ok, waited a couple of minutes, the restarted camera.
From then on, my router assign proper IP address but it seems like the HTTP does not work. I tried to ping and it does not respond to pings... But using the WVC54GC.exe setup wizard it does find camera with proper info (also firmware 1.25). I can configure camera with new IP and other info, but after that HTTP still does not respond.

Anybody has any idea how to put back original firmware?
Luca