psnative
Accepted Solution

Invalid or unknown password

[ Edited ]

hello, i cannot access tzo because of an invalid or unknown password. I am using a wvc80n camera. I have the camera working fine at my store using the wireless here but i want to access it remotely.

dibbler

Re: Invalid or unknown password

The camera is working fine in the local network.

Open the Internet browser and in the address bar type the IP address of the camera. That will open the setup page of the camera. Click on setup tab and go to ' options '.

You will find ' Alternate Web Access Port '. Enable that option and in the Port number type 1024. Save/Apply the settings.

Now you need to open the port 1024 on your router for the IP address of your camera.

Check the Internet / WAN IP address on your router.

Let's consider the Internet IP address is A.B.C.D ( where A, B, C, D may be any number).

Open the Internet browser and in the address bar type http://A.B.C.D:1024 and you will see your camera on the Internet.

The Internet IP address on your router may change periodically ( depends on ISP)

To use TZO, make sure that your TZO account is setup properly.

psnative

(Now you need to open the port 1024 on your router for the IP address of your camera.

Check the Internet / WAN IP address on your router)

Ok, I did everything but got stumped on this part. can you explain this better. You say check the internet/wan ip address on my router...dont know how to do that.

(Let's consider the Internet IP address is A.B.C.D ( where A, B, C, D may be any number).)

This is confusing for me....is a,b,c,d, the different ports on my DSL modem/router?

psnative

wait a minute...i'm understanding better. I'll write back soon

psnative

ok i typed http://71.102.85.48:1024/ into the address bar & nothing came up. Was I supposed to register for TZO first? I can still pull it up through my wifi in the store so i know its working.

psnative

& I checked to make sure 1024 was still enabled & it was

psnative

do i need a static IP address?

psnative

ok, i can see it with this address 192.168.1.33:1024 but only in my store. do I need the tzo to view it at home? also I know where to find my dynamic ip address now, a static address is quite expensive so hopefully I can use the camera with a dynamic address.

psnative

just read this

ok, i'll just sign up for tzo. I read up & figured out that you dont need static. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Expert
primus

you are able to access the camera through LAN by using its local IP. when you've forwarded 192.168.1.33 (which is assume is the IP of the camera) to your router you should be able to access it through the routers WAN IP and the port you have forwarded.

about your router's public address, you may apply for Dyndns if you prefer not to use static IP.